Author Topic: Wiki  (Read 2088 times)

timryder

• Still trying to figure it out
    • View Profile
Wiki
« on: November 10, 2017, 07:19:51 AM »
Archie,

There's a lot missing on the Wiki which some users like Phrog and Myself would be happy to contribute to when we get time. But I can't seem to make an account and my login for this doesn't work.
Can you either A fix it so people can make an account or B add a thread where we can request to have you make an account for us.
Unless of course you don't want public contributions to the pages but then why would it be a Wiki :)

Thanks
Still just trying to figure out this thing called Life.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Wiki
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 09:37:04 AM »
The wiki format for documentation was created specifically to allow user contribution. I was not aware that no one else could log into it. Currently it would require a separate account from the one used here, but I will see if I can get it to use the same account as used on the forum.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:44:08 AM »
I was at least was able to enable account creation on the wiki. There will now be a link in the upper right for creating a new account only for the wiki. I will continue investigating how to link the forum account to the wiki.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 12:22:06 PM »
Archie, this sounds great. As for user contribution, I think is better if all the content is verified before being posted. Not trying to increase your work load, you already have lots, but non-revised content can become messy or even spam could be filtered in.

IMHO.

Phrog30

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 12:49:35 PM »
Archie, this sounds great. As for user contribution, I think is better if all the content is verified before being posted. Not trying to increase your work load, you already have lots, but non-revised content can become messy or even spam could be filtered in.

IMHO.

I agree.  I think it's better to have verified info posted.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 12:53:24 PM »
Moderators maybe?

timryder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »
If the Wiki control allows for moderators yes.  Otherwise for now let's get some content going for this guy! He's done a LOT of hard work and he needs a break.

Phrog30

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 04:18:30 PM »
I'm in. I would like to have code snippets and examples. I can start gathering the info and then post later.

timryder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 05:19:05 PM »
Also Archie,

You should probably link the WiKi on your main site because it's nowhere to be found on there.
Actually... I can't even find it anymore.  Where the heck is it?  Can someone link me?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:24:12 PM by timryder »

DougLyons

• View Profile
Wiki
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 07:46:10 PM »