Author Topic: What would you like to see in the next major release?  (Read 81088 times)

Godra

• View Profile
Re: What would you like to see in the next major release?
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2018, 03:42:05 PM »
I just tried this BasicLabel control with MicroLogix 1100 controller and ModbusRTU driver.

It worked the same as with the ModRSsim2 simulator.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2018, 03:59:15 PM »
Here is one more suggestion for tests with your PLC:

In Visual Studio, open the BasicLabel class and set a breakpoint as it is in the attached picture.
Then run the app and see if it stops at that line.

Godra,  I put the break in and ran it and no it did not stop at the break. ?????

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »
My last suggestion to you is to be patient and wait for Archie to implement Modbus string reading into the driver.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2018, 09:18:12 AM »
My last suggestion to you is to be patient and wait for Archie to implement Modbus string reading into the driver.

Godra,  Again Thanks for your help and quick reply's. This is one of the best Forum's and product for any type of automation. I will post when I get it solved.

Thanks to all.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »

Godra,  Again Thanks for your help and quick reply's. This is one of the best Forum's and product for any type of automation. I will post when I get it solved.

Thanks to all.

Godra,

P2-550 PLC from AutomationDirect, Scanner string in 4 register’s using an “AnalogValueDisplay” to show the string on the form. Using The ModbusTCPCom, and a timer for the read event. Starting the time on form load. Timer set to 200ms.

This is working great.

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        Dim str(7) As String

'* Read it from the PLC
        str = Modbus51.Read("40002", str.Length)

Dim ResultString As String

ResultString = MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.CalculationsAndConversions.WordsToString(str)

AnalogValueDisplay34.Text = ResultString
    End Sub
This will work fine on the AutomationDirect Productivity2000 series controlers.  Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into helping with this. This is the best product around and the support is Great...      Larry

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2018, 05:51:42 PM »
Cool.

If you want to experiment, you might try squeezing your code like this:

Code: [Select]
        '* Read it from the PLC
        AnalogValueDisplay34.Text = MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.CalculationsAndConversions.WordsToString(Modbus51.Read("40002", 8))
    End Sub

I haven't tried it but it looks logical.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:58:20 PM by Godra »

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2018, 06:10:12 PM »
Cool.

If you want to experiment, you might try squeezing your code like this:

Code: [Select]
        '* Read it from the PLC
        AnalogValueDisplay34.Text = MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.CalculationsAndConversions.WordsToString(Modbus51.Read("40002", 8))
    End Sub

Thanks Godra,  I'll try it tomorrow and Thanks again for all the help. Larry

I haven't tried it but it looks logical.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2018, 12:46:34 AM »
Larry,

The modified BasicLabel control was updated and replaced again.

Who knows, if you give it a try again then it might work this time (you can always resort to going back to whatever you are using currently).

seth350

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2018, 06:45:46 AM »
I would like to see some B&R Ethernet drivers. The OpcDa is finicky and it’s no fault of Archie, it just s is what it is. ModbusTcp works with B&R but I am not sure how well reading 92 addresses at once would perform.

I’m sure there are bigger fish to fry but just wanted to throw it in the ring.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2018, 07:04:57 AM »
Larry,

The modified BasicLabel control was updated and replaced again.

Who knows, if you give it a try again then it might work this time (you can always resort to going back to whatever you are using currently).

Just trying it now . Still just gives the numerical value of the string. Where is the new one located so I make sure I have the latest copy?

Thanks Larry

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2018, 11:59:53 AM »
With a fresh AHMI project, you just need to follow these instructions:

1) Remember to replace the BasicLabel control and SubscriptionHandler class (you do this by adding each new modified file as existing item to its corresponding folder). Rebuild your solution.
2) Place one BasicLabel on the form and just set PLCAddressValue to 40002.
3) Place another BasicLabel on the form and set its PLCAddressValue to 40002, set its InterpretValueAsModbusString to True and set its ModbusStringLength to 8.

Post what exact number you get in the first label and what you get in the second label.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2018, 01:24:44 PM »

1) Remember to replace the BasicLabel control and SubscriptionHandler class (you do this by adding each new modified file as existing item to its corresponding folder). Rebuild your solution.
3) Place another BasicLabel on the form and set its PLCAddressValue to 40002, set its InterpretValueAsModbusString to True and set its ModbusStringLength to 8.

Post what exact number you get in the first label and what you get in the second label.

Basiclabel1 shows int value for string  Basiclabel2 shows blank   if I change the InterpretValueAsModbusString to false on label 2 and on in label 1 then label1 is blank and label 2 show the int value?????????

I have 4 of these processors now and can test anytime.  The string is a barcode scan compiled in the PLC and stored to 400002 - 400009 to be displayed on the panel view for the machine.  The other way works well.

Let me know if you want to try again.  Thanks Larry

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »

Basiclabel1 shows int value for string  Basiclabel2 shows blank   if I change the InterpretValueAsModbusString to false on label 2 and on in label 1 then label1 is blank and label 2 show the int value?????????

I have 4 of these processors now and can test anytime.  The string is a barcode scan compiled in the PLC and stored to 400002 - 400009 to be displayed on the panel view for the machine.  The other way works well.

Let me know if you want to try again.  Thanks Larry

Sorry I forgot the number "27243" and if I scan a different barcode I get a different number.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2018, 02:20:39 PM »
In the first label, try the 40001 address.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2018, 02:56:00 PM »
In the first label, try the 40001 address.

Godra,   When it ran I got a " System.OverflowException: 'Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.' "  If I change it back to the real address it runs like before.

Larry