Author Topic: What would you like to see in the next major release?  (Read 81086 times)

fohdeesha

• View Profile
Re: What would you like to see in the next major release?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 10:21:11 PM »
oh wow I just saw the price for the upgrade service - more than fair! You could charge twice that and it'd still be a deal

baguinn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 07:42:31 PM »
Siemens MPI or ethernet driver. Preferably ethernet.

ShriramPendse

• " AUTOMATION " simplified .
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 01:59:38 AM »
Scenario:
AdvHMI being used to communicate with multiple PLCs on ModbusTCP or Modbus RTU.
If any machine (PLC ) switches off , application goes unresponsive .
In-stead it should gracefully switch off communication to non responsive PLC and continue servicing other healthy PLCs.
Thanks .

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 05:02:55 AM »
Another thing I would like to be able to do, along with being able to show MPG movies in a window - be able to show live video from a camera fed into the computer. I work on a system now that the operator can pull up a live shot from a camera inside the machine while it's running.
See this:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=976.msg5123#msg5123

SteveMc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 09:15:08 AM »
Hi,

Firstly, it has been over a year since I played with Advanced HMI so if any of my suggestions are implemented already, my apologies.

Would it be possible (or wise) to have a form type for hosting the comm objects?

As I remember it, for each HMI page in my project, I had to have a COMM object on each form in order to access the same PLC.  That meant if the IP or settings were changed, I had to go through each page and update each instance. 

Here are a couple of ideas on how this could go...

* A separate service app that provides COMMs - separate to the UI (like a traditional SCADA package)?
* Or perhaps a special 'manager' form that runs in background (potentially under the notification panel) that hosts the COMM objects once only.
   At design time, HMI controls on the HMI pages could somehow pick up the list of COMM object(s) from the 'manager' form
   At runtime, the 'manager' form when displayed could show useful info like comm status / comm logs (e.g. the COMM objects could be a visible objects with settings/status information and default interactions like 'Data Scope (i.e. ASCI View)', 'Error Log', 'Debug log' etc)

One of many possible future benefits of this arrangement might be to implement a global alarm control or anything that needs to be continuously polled regardless of the page currently visible?

Another request - I would love to be able to perform animation on all the major properties of the HMI controls. Not just from a PLC value, but from an expression / evaluation.
Examples (pseudo code examples to get point across)
* For the controls Visible Property, I would like to be able to enter if(PLC1:DM:0 < 10, True, False)
* For the text colour I could put Colour.FromRGB(PLC1:DM:1, PLC1:DM:2, PLC1:DM:3)
* For the Fill value of a tank I could put (PLC1:DM:5 + PLC1:DM:6)
* Each of these could potentially be built from an expression builder (i.e. editing one of these properties could display a builder form where the projects COMM objects would be listed, common functions, operators etc for the user to choose from)

How you would achieve this - there are a few ways to skin it. 
Perhaps the properties of a HMI control are derived from an 'Evaluator' class that knows how to parse the PLC addresses and expressions to a result suitable for the base property type?
Or perhaps an 'Animator' control where you bind an expression to a controls property? (not quite as neat but perhaps easier to implement & would work for standard .NET controls too)

Lastly, I do realise we have the option to code this in a VB event but visual configuration is often easier for folk than coding.

Any how, keep up the good work.

Regards, Steve.

PS, are you looking for co developers?  I have many years experience in both .NET and PLCs (mostly OMRON, Mitsi and some older AB - I've even written drivers for my own projects for each of these in various languages).  I am toying with the idea of getting stuck into something & this looks like a fun project.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:17:26 AM by SteveMc »

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »
GE Fanuc series ninety protocol( SNP) for the older CPUs that don't support modbus. Great work Archie 

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 05:28:30 PM »
GE Fanuc series ninety protocol( SNP) for the older CPUs that don't support modbus. Great work Archie
AdvancedHMI used to have a GE SNP driver that was contributed by a user. When the software went through some driver requirement changes, the user that written the driver was no longer available, so the driver had to be dropped from the distribution.

Some of the older versions on Sourceforge may still have that driver. Probably around version 3.21

AmazingTrans

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »
1. Would like to see opc-xml drivers. Seems like many devices nowadays are shipped with opc-xml web service.

2. Mathematical Expressions on tags and property on widget with expressions such as visibility /color/location property has logic.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:19:30 PM by AmazingTrans »

toolmanhoss

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 08:08:09 AM »
I think conversion to Universal Apps would be a good path.  Something that makes different OS's less of a hassle to port to.

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »
I see a lot of growth/use for AHMI for data logging and creating reports and graphs(one of my current projects).  I would like to see an expansion in this area such as a field in the dataloggers for column headers .  Thanks

Darrell

• Electrician / PLC Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 03:38:07 PM »
Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet driver ,many Seimens Simatic S7-1200 plc's on industrial sites lately . would be nice to build HMI's for these systems

Darrell
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:20:31 AM by Darrell »

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »
I did use AHMI for data logging/database/traceability, using MS Access mdb format (yes I know, but it was what I had) because we wanted some application easy to move from PC to PC without having to setup SQL or other type of servers. Now that I have a little more knowledge with databases, SQLite is better option (still I have not used it before), but can see its widespread use in large databases and still just embedded in just a file.

So I would like to to see some easy way to integrate a basic data logging using SQLite, like Access does. I know this is asking too much, but hey, I can dream.

hfe18

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 07:53:05 AM »
reading/writing UDT tags for CLX

MrPike

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 07:56:15 AM »
A trend chart that can read from multiple controllers on the same graph.....that's easily configured:)

busarider29

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 01:59:01 PM »
A user manual (pdf format?) would probably be tops on my list right now.  One that describes and provides example/s for every control available in AdvancedHMI.  Another feature is regarding the properties window for each control.  When one clicks on a particular property of a control, there should be a brief description down below in the description window that briefly describes what the property is for/does, etc.  For instance, when you click on the "Three State" property of a standard Windows checkbox, it says "Indicates whether the checkbox will allow three check states rather than two".  And so forth...

More controls would be another nice addition, even if there was a reasonable premium for them (I've purchased all premium controls available thus far).  Different types of valves (servo, directional, etc...), pneumatic valves.

I understand that this software if free, so I'm certainly not complaining.  Just some things that would be nice to have in future releases.  :)