Author Topic: AB NET-ENI Series Compatability  (Read 1937 times)

AabeckControls

• View Profile
AB NET-ENI Series Compatability
« on: August 05, 2017, 06:33:57 PM »
I have been setting up old PLC's for home automation and monitoring. Currently I have a SLC5/05 and a MicroLogix 1400 connected directly to my network. I have a SLC5/04 connected through a NET-ENI Series D that work fine. I have 2 SLC5/03's connected to Ethernet serial ports that will only allow one computer at a time talk to them, where with Ethernet connections I can have multiple HMI's and programming PC's connected at once.

I just acquired another NET-ENI, but it is a Series A, so I replaced one of the serial ports with it. RSLinx sees it fine, RSLogix connects fine, I can ping the NET-ENI address OK, and if I put the address in Internet Explorer the webpage for it shows - but no matter what I try my HMI project will not see it (RSLinx is turned off)

I have a scaled down AdvancedHMI copy on a Windows 10 tablet that can also see the other PLC's but not this Series A. Is there something about the Series A (other than the 10MEG speed) that Advanced HMI can't talk to, or a different setting or driver? This HMI is written using an older release of AdvancedHMI that I have had for a couple years now (V399a). I just haven't migrated to a newer release because the 2 times I tried it I had problems and ended up staying with the older version)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: AB NET-ENI Series Compatability
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:29:00 PM »
Try a smaller CipConnectionSize. Maybe 200

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:24:27 AM »
Archie,

Thanks. It was that simple, except I read your answer without my glasses on and thought you said 300, but it worked at 300.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 08:19:57 AM »
You may want to try to see how high of a number works because it will give you better optimization for faster updates.

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 09:07:48 AM »
That is a lot of home security with 03s, 05, 1400.  Sounds like fort Knox.
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 09:43:03 AM »
Our plant runs on SLC 5/03, 04 and 05s, some MicroLogix and just a couple of CompactLogix... Ha!  :)

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 07:09:16 PM »
That is a lot of home security with 03s, 05, 1400.  Sounds like fort Knox.

Some home security, lots of Christmas lights, some Halloween lights, automatic control of electric blankets, RTD probes for indoor, outdoor and furnace burn chamber temperatures, control of a few floor lamps (and plans for automatic control of the porch light so it turns on at night for 2 minutes If the screen door is opened) and plans for my own alarm system.

But mostly as a test and learning new ways to do things.