Author Topic: Looking for problems in my project  (Read 1816 times)

jysm1226

• View Profile
Looking for problems in my project
« on: January 27, 2018, 12:19:50 AM »
I am working on a project using AHMI
I have some problems in my project and want to find out why

1. Add PLCAddressValueItems using Datasubscriber2.PLCAddressValueItems.Add (), but it will not work if added from Thread. Does anyone know why?
2. I want to add about 600 bit alarms, but who knows how to do better than I used to?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8kswlqbtxjgr2z/AdvancedHMIV399xPatched3%20v1.3.7z?dl=0

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Looking for problems in my project
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 07:05:56 AM »
1. Add PLCAddressValueItems using Datasubscriber2.PLCAddressValueItems.Add (), but it will not work if added from Thread. Does anyone know why?
The DataSubscriber2 implements the interface ISupportInitialize, therefore you must call its BeginInit() before changing subscriptions, then call EndInit() afterwards.

Phrog30

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 07:51:22 AM »
I didn't look at your application but make sure you bring the alarms over in a block of words, then "break" them apart and examine each bit after the read. A lot more efficient.

Here is an application that shows an example of this,
http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1813.msg10963#msg10963
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:53:54 AM by Phrog30 »

jysm1226

• View Profile
EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom1 simulator?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 02:21:03 AM »
What is the EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom1 communication?
Is there a simulator?

Phrog30

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 08:24:41 AM »
It's a driver for a SLC or MicroLogix, hence the name. The initial project I referenced was using a MicroLogix. There is a modbus version and godra took time to give step by step instructions on how to use it. So please take the time to read over the threads and if you want to simulate use the modbus version.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 03:56:52 PM »
I have used MicroLogix 1100 controller but there is a simulator that could possibly simulate the same: RSLogix Emulate 500.

This used to be free download but one had to register with Rockwell to access download pages.
If you search the web then you'll find out if it's still free or maybe some direct link that doesn't require registration.

Phrog30

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 04:42:37 PM »
You can emulate but you still need a way to get data out. That would be linx, which the version you need isn't free and you would need to use opc topic. So modbus is still a better choice for simulation.