Author Topic: AdvancedHMI on a Raspberry Pi  (Read 107234 times)

bachphi

• View Profile
Re: AdvancedHMI on a Raspberry Pi
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2016, 10:47:59 AM »
Would a USB barcode scanner that act as a keyboard work on AAHMI-Pi ?  TIA.

I tried it with a USB  scanner, it works just fine!
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

Rookie 2017

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2017, 06:57:48 AM »
tried using the original raspberry pi with the steps mentioned in the first post. Applications seems to load fine (first page has nothing but changeform buttons) but crashes after clicking the change form buttons going to the screens with the data displays.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2017, 05:43:22 PM »
Rookie 2017,

Even though there is no question in your post, here is what you might consider:

1) Try reading all the posts to see what issues other users have experienced and if anyone offered any solution
2) Mono environment has lots of limitations and some AHMI controls might not work properly
3) Your screens with data displays might be causing the crash and not necessarily the FormChangeButton itself (to test this you can just try opening another blank form with the click of this button).

czeman

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2017, 03:32:19 PM »
Are there any updates on the ability to run AdvancedHMI on a Pi using Windows 10 IoT? I saw something about the ControlLogix drivers not being quite there yet, but I'm talking to a Do-More processor using MODBUS.

Thanks! :)
Chris

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2017, 08:15:47 PM »
Are there any updates on the ability to run AdvancedHMI on a Pi using Windows 10 IoT? I saw something about the ControlLogix drivers not being quite there yet, but I'm talking to a Do-More processor using MODBUS.
The full AdvancedHMI package running on Windows 10 IOT will most like not happen because only UWP will run on that OS. UWP has no well refined drag and drop designers as does Winforms. The UI has to be put together using XAML which diverts from the philosophy of AdvancedHMI which is being extremely easy to get started with.

rob1970

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2018, 04:58:03 AM »
Hi. I'm trying to get AvancedHmi to run on a Raspberry pi 3. I installed Raspbain and managed to get mono installed (I think) but it still is not working. This is what I get when I try to run it.

The entry point method could not be loaded due to Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. assembly:Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

Do you have an updated procedure to get this to work? Debian Wheezy is not listed for download anymore on the Pi website.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2018, 07:28:23 AM »
Hi. I'm trying to get AvancedHmi to run on a Raspberry pi 3. I installed Raspbain and managed to get mono installed (I think) but it still is not working. This is what I get when I try to run it.

The entry point method could not be loaded due to Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. assembly:Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

Do you have an updated procedure to get this to work? Debian Wheezy is not listed for download anymore on the Pi website.
It sounds like you did not get the vb extension installed with this step:

apt-get install mono-vbnc

seth350

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2018, 10:58:21 PM »
I would suggest that unless you have no other option, not to use a Raspberry and Mono.
Small Windows 10 PCs can be had for not much more money. Not to mention less pain.
Don’t get me wrong, AHMI will run fine on a RPi in Mono. However, Mono has its gotchas and you will be hard pressed to find support for a problem when you run into one.
The Mono community seems too caught up to release the next big update to help users with the current version. Especially if your problem is not “interesting”.

I have three RPis running Mono and AHMI. Out of all the issues, the one I deal with the most and have yet to solve is high cpu usage. It may not show up for a few weeks then one day the cpu will go to 100% and stay there until the app is restarted. This is only on the RPi.

Reminds me of that scene in Jurassic Park. “Nuh-uh-uuh! You didn’t say the magic word!”

rob1970

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2018, 11:53:26 AM »
I started over and reinstalled everything and it is running now so I must have missed something the first time. Thanks.

yourpaltim

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2019, 04:46:09 AM »
Here is how to run an AdvancedHMI application on a Raspberry Pi

1) Download the Debian Wheezy image
http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

Hi there,

Is it essential that the Wheezy image is installed and not a more up to date version?

Thanks in Advance.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »

Hi there,

Is it essential that the Wheezy image is installed and not a more up to date version?

Thanks in Advance.
I can only really offer the advice to try the other images and see if they work. As long as you can install Mono with WinForms, it should work.

thegarlock

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »

Hi there,

Thanks in Advance.

I've tested this using NOOBS to install Raspbian.  It works!  Wheezy is not required.  I released on .NET Framework 4.5 after reading a bit on mono.  I have not tested other versions of .NET.  Happy coding!

jsathern

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »

2) Copy the image to the MicroSD card using Win32DiskImager
3) Install the card and boot up the Pi
4) When it gets to the configuration screen, set it to expand the image and also to boot to a Graphical User Interface
5) Select Finish in the configuration and Reboot
6) Once booted into the GUI, open a Command Prompt
7) Type these series of commands:

sudo su
apt-get update
apt-get install mono-complete
apt-get install mono-vbnc

8 ) Put in a memory stick with an AdvancedHMI application on it
9) In the command prompt, use the "cd" command to browse to the memory stick to the directory /bin/debug
10) mono AdvancedHMI.exe

In a few seconds the application should start.

There are a few things you may run into.

- You cannot use an OPC server because it is not a .NET application
- The MessageDisplayByValue may stop the application because it uses a speech library. There is a work around. Find System.Speech.DLL on your Windows PC and copy the file into the /bin/debug directory

Archie, you should add in here just for the new people like myself the following: You have to set up raspberry pi for a static ip address:

sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf.
Type in the following lines on the top of the file: interface eth0 static ip_address=192.168.1.XX/24 static routers=192.168.1.1 static domain_name_servers=192.168.1.1.
sudo reboot.

Then Make sure the PLC and the Pi have the same (subnet?) first two numbers on the ip..............

I came across this writeup first and thought i would be set. I was wrong and it took me quite a while to figure this out. It would just be super helpful to have all the info in one place to get the pi and AHMI communicating.

Just a thought. thanks

Phrog30

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2019, 12:51:52 PM »

Archie, you should add in here just for the new people like myself the following: You have to set up raspberry pi for a static ip address:

Why do you say static?  It has to be on the same subnet.  This is typical for any HMI, not just pi.  If you don't have DHCP server then you must setup manually.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2019, 01:10:30 PM »
There is a lesser known utility on the Pi, that makes it easier:

> sudo raspi-config