Author Topic: What would you like to see in the next major release?  (Read 81119 times)

Godra

• View Profile
Re: What would you like to see in the next major release?
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2018, 03:01:49 PM »
Set the address to 40010 and also in Visual Studio, open the BasicLabel class and set a breakpoint as it is in the attached picture.
Then run the app and see if it stops at that line.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2018, 03:57:25 PM »
Yes it stops at the breakpoint.....

Larry

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2018, 05:18:12 PM »
I will ask you to go back to what works for you.

Since Modbus drivers need fixing for the Subscribe function, let's wait for Archie to make those changes (and hopefully introduce Modbus string reading as well).

Just FYI, you can always click the "Continue" button when the app stops at the break point. If it needs to process that same break point line then it will stop at it again otherwise it will continue running the app.

You would normally use break points to make sure that the code is being processed, look at the current values of variables in the lines above the active break point as well as to step through the code by pressing F11 button, which would then show you the flow of processing one line at the time and throughout all classes involved.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2018, 07:33:02 AM »
I will ask you to go back to what works for you.

Since Modbus drivers need fixing for the Subscribe function, let's wait for Archie to make those changes (and hopefully introduce Modbus string reading as well).

Just FYI, you can always click the "Continue" button when the app stops at the break point. If it needs to process that same break point line then it will stop at it again otherwise it will continue running the app.

You would normally use break points to make sure that the code is being processed, look at the current values of variables in the lines above the active break point as well as to step through the code by pressing F11 button, which would then show you the flow of processing one line at the time and throughout all classes involved.

Godra, Thanks for the tips (I need them) and thanks for all the time on this. I have about 15 different machines to get data from at the start of their cycle and validate the right BOM  and then collect the production data at the end. The build group is on number 5 and I am on number 3. I am so glad to find the AdvancedHMI product.  We were planing on using "Mango" for the data collection. We ran into a trouble with the MS updates taking down Mango every time. This will allow me to put much nicer and more working data on each workstation PC. Plus combine DB and PLC data on the PC.

Thanks For all your work and time......
Larry

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2018, 12:06:46 AM »
Larry,

If you would care to experiment again, there is a ModbusTCP driver you could try for a test:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1975.0

Try to read all the posts to see what features it has and try using the modified BasicLabel with it.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2018, 06:33:26 AM »
Larry,

If you would care to experiment again, there is a ModbusTCP driver you could try for a test:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1975.0

Try to read all the posts to see what features it has and try using the modified BasicLabel with it.

Godra,
I have been using the ModbusTCP driver for the AutomationDirect P2-550's and I still can't find the way to read a string with the BasicLabel.  I'll keep trying to test when I get time.  This code from Archie works very well for the serial number strings., and the AnalogValue Display works fine.  This will read any length string I have.
         "Dim str(7) As String
        '* Read it from the PLC
        str = Modbus51.Read("40002", str.Length)
        Dim ResultString As String
        ResultString = MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.CalculationsAndConversions.WordsToString(str)
        AnalogValueDisplay34.Text = ResultString" .
I have P2-550's at work and at home so if you need to test some thing let me know. I am learning a lot from all here on the forum.

Thanks for all your  time.  Larry

Larry Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2018, 04:16:19 PM »
Run as a Service!  :)

Actually, I've got a C# app running as a service now, except that DataSubscriber wouldn't work so I had to manually implement it.

This works great for data logging!

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm compliantly including the source environment along with the Service app files.

LG

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »
Larry Griffin,

Since you already have some "Run as a Service" solution, would you care to share it with members of this forum as well?

Larry Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2018, 01:25:22 PM »
Since you already have some "Run as a Service" solution, would you care to share it with members of this forum as well?

To provide a basis to build on, I'll first refer to the following MS tutorial on creating a windows service:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/windows-services/walkthrough-creating-a-windows-service-application-in-the-component-designer

Once you've got a Service created, add an AHMI Com component such as ethernetIPforCLXCom, from the toolbox, to the design sheet.  You can now read from or write to the PLC just as you do within a normal Windows Forms App.

I wasn't able to get the DataSubscriber to work within a Service, possibly due to my own incompetence, although it had worked within a Windows Forms App.  But it's pretty easy to achieve the same thing.  I set up a 500ms timer to read a tag and compare it to the previous value.  If it has changed, then I call a function to deal with it.  That's essentially what the DataSubscriber does behind the scenes.

In my case, the data I wanted to collect was a 128-byte string that the PLC updates every 15 to 45 seconds.  In order to avoid having to read that entire string every 500ms, I setup a Boolean tag that the PLC toggles after every update of the 128-byte string.  So I can monitor the Boolean value every 500ms, but I only need to read the long string if the Boolean value has changed.  Note: The Boolean value is returned by ethernetIPforCLXCom.Read() as a string, i.e. "True" or "False", even though the PLC sends it as a bit, 1 or 0.

LG

DougLyons

• View Profile
How to make an EXE run as a Service
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2018, 12:22:49 PM »
Here is a simple guide to making a standard EXE run as a service. Unfortunately the original link at the bottom of this document seems no longer available and the Microsoft Resource Kit link is broken as well, so you would have to search for this.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:29:56 PM by DougLyons »

Phrog30

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2018, 02:03:02 PM »
There is a ton of info out there on running as a service. Additionally, there are utilities that do that for you, they are also persistent, meaning if for some reason they stop, they will restart automatically.

TheColonel26

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2019, 01:11:43 PM »
Pipe dream.

Conversion to Avalonia https://github.com/AvaloniaUI/Avalonia
Convert to .Net Core and .NetStandard

mdim

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2019, 07:54:56 PM »
Alarms, Login, Logs

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Spent roughly  a week in learning and most on it not on the main functionality of the HMI I need to prepare, but on the alarms, logs and login. I downloaded some examples, but none is working completely. And these are main components for a SCADA.

I want to say, it's a nice application and really within minutes you can make something work, but after this for tweaking minor things a week or two will pass.

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2020, 08:11:19 AM »
Maybe someone had already done this with their own developed app, but an Advanced HMI android/ios app would be nice for monitoring purposes would be extremely helpful. Something that you could view at a glance on a smart device to monitor a process away from the shop would be awesome. Ideally you could have limited I/O features (for safety of course) if you wanted, could monitor whatever values you wanted from temperature to cycle count, ect.

steveharis22

• View Profile
    • Krogerexperience
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2020, 08:54:16 AM »
I would like some new work with http protocol or web interface will be done in next release.Lets see when it will happen.
Regards
Krogerexperiencee