Author Topic: First project that I just keep adding too.  (Read 2940 times)

bob1371

• View Profile
First project that I just keep adding too.
« on: September 27, 2017, 03:45:47 AM »

I have 11 cells, each with various cells in them. I'm displaying Standard Cycle Time, Actual Cycle Time, Average Cycle Time, and the Deviation from Standard Cycle Time. The Deviation times switch from Green is Ok to Yellow as it approaches 50% and then Red if it goes over standard.

This particular line only has 3 cells so the others are hidden with a visibility bit. I have an alarm banner that will display any of the cells that are in the red. It will cycle through them at 10 second intervals.

With lots of help from  this forum I've just implemented a data collection scheme that will collect an array of actual cycle times. Currently doing this by manually toggling a bit but will be adding timers and collecting this at the end of each shift.

I've got this running on an old laptop with HDMI to 50" TV.

bob1371

• View Profile
Re: First project that I just keep adding too.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:29:42 AM »
Forgot to add image.

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 10:14:38 AM »
Congratulation on your first project!.

If you don't mind some critique for your screen, frankly, it's looks absolutely horrible, one of the worst HMI screens I have ever seen.

May I suggest adding an AAHMI logo screen on the top right hand corner. This beautiful logo when added to the HMI screen will increase its unique beauty and show that it was intelligently designed.

Plus, It shows that you are appreciating Archie's work, he deserve some credits here.
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.

Phrog30

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 07:02:47 PM »
Interesting, I've seen some screenshots of Archie's projects and he doesn't always use the logo. Personally, I never show the logo except on the about form. My customers know up front what software I'm using, so the logo is just taking up real estate.

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 10:37:56 PM »
Good observation, Phrog! 
If I were Archie, I would do the same thing. I meant, think about it, would I display my own logo on my own screen? Not to mention, he's the humble type of guy.

Anyway you sounded serious, just take it with a half grain of salt and mix with some beer. Cheer.
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.

bob1371

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 10:57:05 PM »
Congratulation on your first project!.

If you don't mind some critique for your screen, frankly, it's looks absolutely horrible, one of the worst HMI screens I have ever seen.

May I suggest adding an AAHMI logo screen on the top right hand corner. This beautiful logo when added to the HMI screen will increase its unique beauty and show that it was intelligently designed.

Plus, It shows that you are appreciating Archie's work, he deserve some credits here.

Well noted. I will work that into the next project.

Phrog30

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 06:27:28 AM »
Anyway you sounded serious
It's text. There is no sound.