Author Topic: What would you like to see in the next major release?  (Read 9994 times)

Godra

• View Profile
Re: What would you like to see in the next major release?
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2018, 03:01:49 PM »
Set the address to 40010 and also in Visual Studio, open the BasicLabel class and set a breakpoint as it is in the attached picture.
Then run the app and see if it stops at that line.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2018, 03:57:25 PM »
Yes it stops at the breakpoint.....

Larry

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2018, 05:18:12 PM »
I will ask you to go back to what works for you.

Since Modbus drivers need fixing for the Subscribe function, let's wait for Archie to make those changes (and hopefully introduce Modbus string reading as well).

Just FYI, you can always click the "Continue" button when the app stops at the break point. If it needs to process that same break point line then it will stop at it again otherwise it will continue running the app.

You would normally use break points to make sure that the code is being processed, look at the current values of variables in the lines above the active break point as well as to step through the code by pressing F11 button, which would then show you the flow of processing one line at the time and throughout all classes involved.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2018, 07:33:02 AM »
I will ask you to go back to what works for you.

Since Modbus drivers need fixing for the Subscribe function, let's wait for Archie to make those changes (and hopefully introduce Modbus string reading as well).

Just FYI, you can always click the "Continue" button when the app stops at the break point. If it needs to process that same break point line then it will stop at it again otherwise it will continue running the app.

You would normally use break points to make sure that the code is being processed, look at the current values of variables in the lines above the active break point as well as to step through the code by pressing F11 button, which would then show you the flow of processing one line at the time and throughout all classes involved.

Godra, Thanks for the tips (I need them) and thanks for all the time on this. I have about 15 different machines to get data from at the start of their cycle and validate the right BOM  and then collect the production data at the end. The build group is on number 5 and I am on number 3. I am so glad to find the AdvancedHMI product.  We were planing on using "Mango" for the data collection. We ran into a trouble with the MS updates taking down Mango every time. This will allow me to put much nicer and more working data on each workstation PC. Plus combine DB and PLC data on the PC.

Thanks For all your work and time......
Larry

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2018, 12:06:46 AM »
Larry,

If you would care to experiment again, there is a ModbusTCP driver you could try for a test:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1975.0

Try to read all the posts to see what features it has and try using the modified BasicLabel with it.

larryhts

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2018, 06:33:26 AM »
Larry,

If you would care to experiment again, there is a ModbusTCP driver you could try for a test:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1975.0

Try to read all the posts to see what features it has and try using the modified BasicLabel with it.

Godra,
I have been using the ModbusTCP driver for the AutomationDirect P2-550's and I still can't find the way to read a string with the BasicLabel.  I'll keep trying to test when I get time.  This code from Archie works very well for the serial number strings., and the AnalogValue Display works fine.  This will read any length string I have.
         "Dim str(7) As String
        '* Read it from the PLC
        str = Modbus51.Read("40002", str.Length)
        Dim ResultString As String
        ResultString = MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.CalculationsAndConversions.WordsToString(str)
        AnalogValueDisplay34.Text = ResultString" .
I have P2-550's at work and at home so if you need to test some thing let me know. I am learning a lot from all here on the forum.

Thanks for all your  time.  Larry