Author Topic: Turbine HMI  (Read 2759 times)

JohnnyTronic

• View Profile
Turbine HMI
« on: March 21, 2020, 01:56:14 PM »
I am new to advancedHMI, but not turbine controls. I am a contract field engineer who did controls system installation and commissioning for years. My intial effort at a HMI to control a small turbine communicating with a Domore PLC simulator.

The turbine I choose was a solar saturn 750KW unit. It only uses 3 analog signals and only had 10 alarms or "Malfunctions". I had a set of electrical drawings for this turbine and wrote the Domore code to control it.

Both the Domore simulator and the AdvancedHMI are free software. See the attached files for samples of the three screens.

Main Screen

Includes the turbine controls and enough data for the operator to make desicions. When the Malfunction indictor in the upper right turns red the operator select the alarm screen in the lower left. If he wants to understand the turbine operation he selects the trend button. This page still need a watt reading.

Alarm Screen

The alarm logic is done in the PLC. there is a current alarm window and a historical alarm window. I might put the reset button on this page too.

Trends

If the operator needs to see how the turbine has been operating he goes to this screen.

There is also a data logging function so older trends are available through excel.

Thanks for all the Help from Advancedhmi!!  I hope I can make this product commercial.

JohnnyTronic

• View Profile
Re: Turbine HMI
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 01:57:42 PM »
size limit on the attachments. So the trend file is here.

JohnnyTronic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 10:59:42 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKpM4z_jAh8

Made a youtube to show what I can do.

joko markono

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 04:40:13 AM »
nice. i guess you have a plan to improve the image of the compressor and turbine.

JohnnyTronic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »
nice. i guess you have a plan to improve the image of the compressor and turbine.

Yes, I do, but art is a weak point. Usually turbine HMIs have PID type screens of the lube and fuel systems but this little old turbine doesnt have a lot of instrumentation, only a temp and a pressure switch on the lube system. Not much to work with.