Author Topic: The Given Key Not Found  (Read 1193 times)

needhmi

• View Profile
The Given Key Not Found
« on: April 29, 2017, 08:13:47 PM »
My application runs fine in debug mode, with no errors - but after I have it published and installed on different computers the message "The Given Key Not Found in Dictionary" shows up on most of my "Value" or "Text" properties on my mainform.vb. 

I'm assuming I am missing some sort of dependency on the computers I have installed it on.  I found the "Prerequisites" tab in the Advanced HMI Properties section and a couple prerequisites that are not checked have flags:

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Client Profile

Windows Installer 3.1

Thanks for any ideas!  I'm really new to this stuff. 

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: The Given Key Not Found
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 08:26:01 PM »
Do not use publish or an installer. See this:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=14.msg37#msg37

The required .NET framework is full 4.0 (not Client profile). If you run all Windows updates it will install the necessary components.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 09:10:45 PM by Archie »

needhmi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 09:05:35 PM »
That is easy and works great.  Sorry I did not read that post before. 

needhmi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 03:00:16 PM »
I spoke a bit too soon.  The app loads up fine and looks fine doing the XCOPY deployment but the datalogger21 function does not work for some reason.

I experimented with different file locations (copied and pasted the directory address that I have set up on the computer I am testing installs on). 

I'll post more on the "Installation without Frustration" about that issue. 

Back to the subject on this thread-

I resized some of my labels and it seemed to help get rid of "The Given Key Not Found in Dictionary" message - or it may just be a coincidence. 

needhmi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 12:29:24 AM »
Archie helped me figure out the datalog issue.  I needed to put a "." (without the quotes) in "FileFolder" so it would save the .csv file in the .bin folder.  No need to figure out the install issues anymore at this time anyway.