Author Topic: System Upgrade with AdvancedHMI Panel PC  (Read 2795 times)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
System Upgrade with AdvancedHMI Panel PC
« on: June 13, 2017, 10:47:18 PM »
Recently upgraded a system that was based on Wonderware and C-More panels. Used the AdvancedHMI panel PC and software to replace a C-More panel and also integrated the WW functionality that spanned across 2 different PCs into the AdvancedHMI panel PC. The system uses a SQL Server backend for recipes and batch history. All database interaction is now handled on the AdvancedHMI panel which integrated the recipe selection that was previously done from one of the PCs. The main controller is a CompactLogix PLC. The response of the HMI probably increased by ten fold when compared to the C-More.

As I get more time, I will post more details including the full application. It shows a lot of principles in the AdvancedHMI software, such as barcode interface, database, main menu driven app, and page control via PLC tag.

bob1371

• View Profile
Re: System Upgrade with AdvancedHMI Panel PC
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 03:25:56 AM »

Nice,

I think next project I may work on something with the Cognex Scanners.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 07:04:17 AM »
The system prior to the upgrade had a Cognex scanner going directly to the PLC via Ethernet/IP. The new scanner is a Datalogic connected to the HMI. The operators told me they were glad to get rid of the Cognex. They had multiple problems with the Cognex and they developed a habit of scanning each barcode 2-3 times in order to get the Cognex to work. Also I was told the Cognex was about $4000 USD, but the DataLogic was less than $900 USD

bachphi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:16:13 AM »
I would recommend the Honeywell over Datalogic over Cognex.
The old Honeywell 3800i, 4800i, and now its replacement 1910i is very good and industrilaized and only $400-$500

https://www.l-trondirect.com/1910IER-3USB?gclid=CjwKEAjwtYSsBRCDx6rM1v_uqmsSJAAZgf2qPFYQerXjWZB_I429RdZcPdvQECqCCTepxrvf-SCmZxoCG1Pw_wcB

The old Cognex is clumsy and slow, however, for hard to read, DPM type , we do need to use Cognex to read it, like the 8600 series.
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================