Author Topic: AdvHMI with ModTCP , ASP.net & SQL  (Read 6652 times)

ShriramPendse

• " AUTOMATION " simplified .
    • View Profile
AdvHMI with ModTCP , ASP.net & SQL
« on: February 01, 2016, 01:13:32 AM »
Hi ,

A very basic prelim application trial using AdvHMI as Server connected to ModTCP PLC , SQL server for dataexchange  between ASP.net clients and PLC .

Runs OK to some extent , but lot of further development required to make it Deployable & reliable enough to give it to client.

Screenshot attached.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: AdvHMI with ModTCP , ASP.net & SQL
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:31:11 PM »
Nice work! A lot of people will be interested in how you implemented the web interface.

ShriramPendse

• " AUTOMATION " simplified .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 04:13:37 AM »
Sure ,

I am still working on it . Once it comes to workable form I will post code .

But meanwhile others can try how this is organised .

AdvHMI at local PC has application to communicate with PLC and works as a  usual SCADA station.

This PC has SQL Server database having a table with only one row as latest values all tags that you need to monitor on WebClients .
AdvHMI appln UPDATES these values after reading those from PLC at whatever interval you desire (100 tags every 500 Ms or so).
There is another table, "commands" ,  having three Columns , TagID , Address and value .
Our AdvHMI appln keeps looking for "Commands" table for any new commands issued by clients . If it sees new commands , it writes these to PLC . After executions these could be marked done or simply deleted .

A simple web application made in ASP.net gets data from the SQL database values table and displays on screen. It is deployed on IIS .

Now comes tricky part ,  user actions on web page to write to PLC , actually write to SQL commands table .

Our AdvHMI appln keeps looking for "Commands" table for any new commands issued by clients . If it sees new commands , it writes these to PLC . After executions these could be marked done or simply deleted .

This mechanism WORKS , now to make it deployable various checks and balances are to be made . It is quite OK within company network over LAN. Over internet there are issues like static IP , Firewall ,  security , reliable connection etc.

Hoping for the best .

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:17:47 AM by ShriramPendse »

Mikefly95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 01:49:40 PM »
Currently working on a similar project.

tony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 02:14:59 PM »
I have been thinking about this for a while. Please do keep us informed. Its good stuff.

Joe Matkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 07:44:58 PM »
I have been working on this over the last year. I am using MySql community running on a cloud sever. We deploy either cell modems with static ip's and on occasion have to use a satellite. We currently have 18 locations reporting to the one server and about 35 users.  We have to have a touchscreen pc on each location for user login and local control, that is where I deploy ADvHMI and MySql code and also handles email alarms. I have found that as long as you deploy with some type of "report by exception" so your not just constantly pounding the cell modem it works fairly well.  My biggest problem now is the asp  side as we had another developer that just wrote the web side of stuff has left for other opportunities I am stuck with maintaining the web stuff which I cannot make look very good.  Anyway looks good.

Jody

Mikefly95

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 09:40:53 AM »
Jody

Can you put up a screen shot of what your web page looks like now and some mock up of what you want it to look like?

abdala

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 11:28:41 AM »
plas projact code