Author Topic: Forms not communicating besides MainForm on 399r  (Read 6594 times)

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
Forms not communicating besides MainForm on 399r
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:26:50 AM »
I'm rebuilding my project from 3.61 to 3.99r. I've got three pages so far and is now testing the connection. What I'm seeing is that the MainForm works well but when I switch to any of the other two pages while hide the Mainform, I don't see any of my PLCAddressValue being updated on the other forms, all values are at the default "0." I don't have any error.

Has anyone else experienced this or is there something different from the older release?

Godra

• View Profile

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
Re: Forms not communicating besides MainForm on 399r
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 01:54:20 PM »
Godra,

Thank you for the update, I will try the patch.

K

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 08:46:35 AM »
So I added the v399r patch with the same labels and components as with the original v399r

Setup: Multiple forms (connecting to a MicroLogix1400 with the EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom driver)

Here's what I've seen:

1) Any PLCAddressValue with "timer address such as T4:XX or T4:XX.XXX" will not allow connection to the any Forms. Soon as I remove those timer addresses, the MainForm will run fine.

2) My other pages are still not connecting.

3) Tested using a fresh copy of v399r with and without the driver patch and just 1 button per page. The result are the same: page2 fails to communicate. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

K

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:50:02 AM »
I'm going to take a look at this over the weekend to see if I can figure where the issue is.

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 03:37:34 PM »
Thank you Archie.

For you information, I tested the same configuration on v399p and all of my forms are communicating and working fine.

Another thing on v399r and v399p that I'm seeing is that my Boolean Tags (array is 128 long), such as on a CompactLogix, KB[100] for example and using the EthernetIPforCLXCom driver,  is that it's returning an error of "General Error: Offset plus Number of Elements extends beyond the end of the requested tag."

Thanks for the awesome software.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 08:33:44 PM »
I created a new patch to address the problems with the SLCMicro driver.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/files/advancedhmi/3.5/Patches

- Download and extract Patch 4 V399r
- Replace the file found in AdvancedHMIDrivers\support
- Rebuild the solution

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 01:29:02 PM »
Archie, thanks for the prompt update!

I tested the configuration on v399r with patch4 and all of my forms are communicating correctly now.

The Boolean tag reference on a CompactLogix, using the EthernetIPforCLXCom driver,  works now as well,  albeit when the form first load, the error of "General Error: Offset plus Number of Elements extends beyond the end of the requested tag" still exist. Once the push button is toggled, the error is automatically resolved and the PB functions as intended. Hope fully you see something from this feedback.

Thanks again

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 03:36:22 PM »
The Boolean tag reference on a CompactLogix, using the EthernetIPforCLXCom driver,  works now as well,  albeit when the form first load, the error of "General Error: Offset plus Number of Elements extends beyond the end of the requested tag" still exist. Once the push button is toggled, the error is automatically resolved and the PB functions as intended. Hope fully you see something from this feedback.
I'm not able to replicate this. How big is your BOOL array and how many and which elements are you reading?

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 06:18:16 PM »
Archie,

"I'm not able to replicate this. How big is your BOOL array and how many and which elements are you reading?"

My Boolean Array is 128 (KB0[128]) and I'm trying to access just one at a time. Attached shows a screenshot of my data type.

Playing around with a little more, I've notice that the error is mainly apparent when I toggle a BOOL element from my array and using that same tag for both PLCAddressClick and PLCAddressValue (to indicate a change in state).

Older release such as v3.61 (my original build) did not exhibit this type behavior with the same configuration.

Thanks.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 06:37:40 PM »
I was finally able to replicate the problem. My BOOL array had too many elements. Once I reduced it to 128 and used element 100, it gave me the same error. There is now patch 6 that should fix it:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/files/advancedhmi/3.5/Patches

The problem came about because of the way BOOL array values come back. To the driver they appear as DINTs. If any value was used in the last DINT (elements 96-127) , the driver tried to read 1 more DINT.

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 10:15:31 AM »
Archie,

Patch 6 did the trick. BOOLs are responding correctly.

I did experience another issue on v399r, As I'm adding to my project, I've noticed that when I'm reading a couple of elements, from an array of REAL[50], I'm seeing data freeze. The data will initially read, but will not refresh.

Are there limitations as to how long the arrays for floats can be? My other smaller REAL arrays are not showing these symptom.

Thank you again for the support.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
I did experience another issue on v399r, As I'm adding to my project, I've noticed that when I'm reading a couple of elements, from an array of REAL[50], I'm seeing data freeze. The data will initially read, but will not refresh.

Are there limitations as to how long the arrays for floats can be? My other smaller REAL arrays are not showing these symptom.
There are no limitations on array sizes. I will try to replicate this problem and let you know what I come up with.

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 10:48:08 AM »
Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Archie,

Over the weekend, we completely power off certain equipment and I left my HMI program running. I later toggled through my pages and when I got to the page that used the EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom driver and the PLC was shut down, I had an unhandled exception. Please see that Attachments, the images are those that I captured remotely from home. If you need more information, let me know and I will try to replicate this when the machine is not in use.

Thanks,

K

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »
I did see this error before but currently I am unable to replicate it just by disconnecting the physical plc (or stopping Modbus and RSEmulate 500 simulators).

Could be some quirk in VS or possibly some control that you have on that form.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:53:12 PM by Godra »