Author Topic: ChartBySampling execption  (Read 666 times)

jazzplayermark

• View Profile
ChartBySampling execption
« on: November 21, 2017, 07:21:08 AM »
I keep getting an exception error on my chart that happens after the application runs for several  hours. The error says 'Axis Object - The minimum value of the axis is greater than the largest data point value'.     The YaxisMin and Yaxismax properties are set to auto.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: ChartBySampling execption
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:46:36 AM »
This seems like it may be a bug in the Microsoft Chart control because there have been some discussions around the internet about it. Also see this thread to see if there is anything there to help:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1672.msg9116#msg9116

jazzplayermark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:18:40 PM »
Thanks. I'll try using 'suppressexceptions'.  Also I just caught the chart going from 0-35(y) to -600 to 200 just before the error. It's for sure something in the 'estimate' method. I also changed from 'auto' yaxismin and yaxismax to 0 and 50.  I'll post the results. I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing this. thanks.

jazzplayermark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 09:23:36 AM »
I just want to follow up on this for others that may have the same problem.  After changing the yaxismin and yaxismax to real values instead of 'auto' I haven't seen the problem. It was occurring every few hours and it's been ok for nearly 2 days now.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 09:43:41 AM »
Thanks for the follow up. I had this same problem on a project I was working on last week. I didn't make the connection, but as soon as I added user selection option for setting the mix and max to fixed values, I did not see the problem any more.