General Category > Support Questions

Dual monitors (PC)

(1/3) > >>

Phrog30:
Has anyone done a project with dual monitors from a desktop PC?  If so, I would love to know how it was setup.  I'm in the process of doing one and wanted to pick some brains.

Thanks,
James

timryder:
What are you looking to learn? What questions would you have?
I have used it with dual monitors before yes, but it doesn't really change anything?

steves0118:
If Phrog is asking if you can simply set both monitors to the same resolution and double the width of the form, the answer is yes.

If he is asking to run two separate AHMI applications concurrently, he will have to wait for someone with more experience to answer.

Phrog30:
I will not run as separate applications.

What I'm asking is the people that did multiple monitors, how did you do it. Example, did you simply span across both monitors with one form? Or, each monitor was a form maximized. My applications use a header and footer. So, would you have two instances of the header and footer, or do brute force and create a header/footer for the primary screen and one for the secondary screen. Right now I use mdiparent for touch applications. I don't think that is the way to go in this case. Do you allow the same form to be opened up at the same time on each screen.

Those are the kind of questions I currently have and was wondering what others have done.

Phrog30:
I think I have found a good solution.  Instead of using MDIParent I found using a panel in place of the parent container works just as well.  I simply add controls(form) into the proper panel by which screen called the form.  There are still some other unknowns, for example, where do you display message boxes?  For generic messages I guess display on the primary display, but if the message was generated from the secondary display then I need to find a clean way of doing this.  So, I have a parent per screen, but all of the displays are universal, meaning I don't have to make a display for each screen, which makes it very easy to maintain this application.  I have an option to allow only one form open across both displays, or allow to open multiple.  So far so good!

James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version