General Category > Support Questions

Lost all my Comms

(1/8) > >>

timryder:
Ok so I'm doing this remote update and something I did to my project caused me to loose all my communication from the HMI to the PLC.  When I test an older .exe which i used this ones source code to start from it works... but my new one doesn't.  All of the controls say No Response From PLC.  I made one button larger and it tells me this (See attachment). What did I do wrong?  Can anyone help me figure it out please.   All the IP and Port and Timeout settings match and I tried to do a code comparison of all the files in the projects except the AdvancedHMI project and they all appear to be identical.

Micro850 PLC

Archie:
I'm going to take a bit of a guess and say that maybe you changed something in the program that is not supported by the Micro800 series. There are a number of things the 800 will not support, such as program scope tag reading. I don't remember all of the limitations and I do not have access to a Midro800 right now to test anyhting. I seem to remember some limitation with timers and maybe reading arrays. The definite way to know is through a wireshark capture to see if the PLC rejects any requests.

I will also assume you are using version 3.99x?

timryder:
Yes I am reading arrays... I am also writing arrays... those 2 things are new.  3.99 is correct.
So thats interesting.  I could comment out the array sections and find out if thats it. Is there some comprehensive list of tasks/features that the Micro800 won't do so I can look through the code and find it?

Can't wireshark it, I'm in Michigan and this machine is in California in a clean room.

Archie:
I am not aware of any consolidated list of the limitations. I stumbled across a few while experimenting with a Micro820. The program scope limitation I since found buried in one of the manuals.

Strings in a Micro800 are handled differently that in the ControlLogix, but the driver was modified to make that work. Program scope tags are just completely blocked. I looked at a work-around to attempt to get those to work, but have not had success yet. I also found multi-read requests were not supported, which makes the updates tremendously slower when compared a ControlLogix.

Maybe the reading and writing of multiple array elements is not supported. It may require using a separate read or write for each element.

timryder:

--- Quote ---Program scope tags are just completely blocked.
--- End quote ---

What is this? I don't know about it, perhaps I'm doing it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version