Author Topic: Lost all my Comms  (Read 3740 times)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Lost all my Comms
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 10:55:56 AM »
Ok, so the patch made it worst. There must be more changes to the patch than I remember.

If you are TeamViewed into the remote computer, does that mean it possibly has internet access to let you download Wireshark directly to it. Or you could download on your computer then file transfer it to the remote PC through TeamViewer. Would they be ok with you installing it on the PC?

I won't have much time over the next few days to remote in because I am about to head to a job site to test out a new program. But on Friday I will be back at my office and will have the opportunity.

timryder

• Still trying to figure it out
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »
I have downloaded the WireShark installer and already pushed it down to the remote computer. I plan on installing it ASAP once they say it's fine. 

Then i'll try and capture all the traffic from the PC to the PLC and ill upload it ASAP.

Please if you'd be so generous i'd love to have some of your time on Friday... that would be a great help!!!!! Let me see where I get with this though.
Still just trying to figure out this thing called Life.

timryder

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 11:44:23 AM »
Here are some shark reports adequately named.

Also Found another little quirk... i have an array in the plc which is.... "XPositions"  [1..32].  But In my loop if I do  I = 1 to 32 ... it ALways fails on the 32...... So if I try 0 - 31... it says index out of bounds....
I tried increasing my array size to 33 and looping 1-32... but it still fails at 32 no mater what..

So I switched it over to a .BeginWrite with an array... and it works fine.  Here's the shark of that.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:04:22 PM by timryder »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 12:10:27 PM »
Right off I see some forward open connections failing for "Out of Connections". This may happen if your application does not shut down properly and dispose of every driver instance. It will then take about 30 seconds for the PLC to clear the connections.

The next thing I see is a Multiple Service Request for XPartPositions and YPartPositions. This is the multi service not supported by the Micro800. There is a driver property named DisableMultiServiceRequest that must be set to True for the Micro800. Make sure that did not get changed on any of your driver instances. This could potentially be caused by the patched version because I remember there were some changes that attempted to improve the performance of the multi-service and maybe those changes are not respecting that property any more.

timryder

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »
Ok so I went through and I did see one of the drivers had the MultiService set to false.
I fixed that... also what I found was the PLC isn't able to READ an array but it can for some reason Write an array.  So as of now I have a DS2 reading about 64 tags and if the poll time wasn't increase it would constantly error.  Now that I increased it, it seems to have fixed that.  I am still writing down using the BeginWrite with an array of String type variables which is working great.

But now strangely enough on my Main page... the controls keep saying No Com Component was selected even though there is..... ?  no clue.... I've clean and rebuilt several times.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 08:59:38 PM »
Did you try the full clean as described here:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1062.msg5555#msg5555

timryder

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2017, 11:51:24 AM »
OK seems to have fixed that... I have a few new strange issues.

First, on the driver setting the .DisableSubscriptions = True doesn't seem to do anything.  I went through on every form and set the property of the driver to True and when I Wireshark them it would seem that they still are being polled.  I can see the tags on the other forms still constantly being polled.  I also am using the Form.Leave and Form.Enter events to set the property to True and False respectively. No matter what though they still seem to keep polling.

For some reason on 2 of my forms in the designer, there automatically keeps coming back a Driver EthernetIPforCLXCom1 but I checked the list of components on the form and every single one has the EthernetIPforMicro800Com1 already set as the ComComponent. Why the heck does this keep happening?

OTher than that I think I have everything fixed by upping the Poll Override times and by making completely sure that all of the DisableMultiServiceRequest = True.  Everything seems to be ok now.  Thoughts on this silly little issue in the Designer?

NOTE:  The Final configuration for me is that you CAN write down an array to the Micro800 family and you CAN read an array of values with the DS2.  I used the Starting address of the Tag TagName[1] and set the value of the number of elements to the Array Size [32].