Author Topic: v361 EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom Failes to read Floats from PLC5  (Read 1822 times)

StephenSDH

• View Profile
v361 EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom Failes to read Floats from PLC5
« on: December 03, 2013, 08:51:45 AM »
Have a PLC5/40E on Ethernet and I am using the latest version downloaded today 361.

I am able to read Integer Values from the PLC, but any floating point values fail.  Using the Digital Meter Panel it shows a value of 0.  Using Label1.Text = BatchPLC.Read("F8:0") I get an OutofRange exception.  I attached the screenshot.

I am okay with using integers with implied decimals, but I would be glad to test a fix if you want to address it.

-Steve

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: v361 EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom Failes to read Floats from PLC5
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
Reading floats in a PLC5 requires a special PCCC command that has not been implemented in the driver. I'm not sure if that will ever get done since the usage of PLC5s are continuing to decline.

jazzplayermark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 09:31:38 AM »
I see this is a few years old but I have a customer that's on an old PLC5 with an old version of another scada system. He wants to get replace that old scada with something newer and more maintainable.

Has this issue with floating point in the plc5 ever been addressed?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 09:58:08 AM »
I see this is a few years old but I have a customer that's on an old PLC5 with an old version of another scada system. He wants to get replace that old scada with something newer and more maintainable.

Has this issue with floating point in the plc5 ever been addressed?
This is fixed in the latest version. If this is a very old PLC5 and you intend to use Ethernet, you will need to make sure it supports Ethernet/IP and not just ABEthernet.

jazzplayermark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 03:39:48 PM »
Thanks. I'll try to connect and pull some data with the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom driver before I commit to anything.