AdvancedHMI on a Raspberry Pi

(1/22) > >>

Archie:
Here is how to run an AdvancedHMI application on a Raspberry Pi

1) Download the Debian Wheezy image
http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

2) Copy the image to the MicroSD card using Win32DiskImager
3) Install the card and boot up the Pi
4) When it gets to the configuration screen, set it to expand the image and also to boot to a Graphical User Interface
5) Select Finish in the configuration and Reboot
6) Once booted into the GUI, open a Command Prompt
7) Type these series of commands:

sudo su
apt-get update
apt-get install mono-complete
apt-get install mono-vbnc

8 ) Put in a memory stick with an AdvancedHMI application on it
9) In the command prompt, use the "cd" command to browse to the memory stick to the directory /bin/debug
10) mono AdvancedHMI.exe

In a few seconds the application should start.

There are a few things you may run into.

- You cannot use an OPC server because it is not a .NET application
- The MessageDisplayByValue may stop the application because it uses a speech library. There is a work around. Find System.Speech.DLL on your Windows PC and copy the file into the /bin/debug directory

Archie:
I recently received the new Raspberry Pi and it is noticeably faster. The price is the same, it is faster, has more memory, and uses the same OS, so the above configuration works exactly the same.

I'll be releasing a new version of AdvancedHMI that has some modifications to make things work better on the Pi. The will be version 3.97g or later.

dmroeder:
Holy moly, I had heard of mono, but didn't realize that this was possible.  I have actually been tinkering with some python code that will read/write so that I could log some data from Linux.  I have a Pi at home too, I'll have to give this a go.

Archie:
Be sure to use version 3.98 or higher because it has some changes that allow the AB drivers to work.

dmroeder:
Good to know, thanks.

I've was hunting around earlier for a panel mount display to pair with this.  I'm going to try to find something that does not have touch for an inexpensive information display.  I notice that anything panel mount is pretty much the cost of those IVC touch PC's.  Some are more expensive for just a display!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version