Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Open Discussion / Re: What would you like to see in the next major release?
« Last post by Godra on January 17, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »
How about a Controls Component that could convert and display modbus tcp  strings.

Thanks Larry

For now, you could try using the BasicLabel control from this post:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1946.msg11054#msg11054
Additional Components / Re: BasicLabel with context menu (multiple address access)
« Last post by Godra on January 17, 2018, 09:57:16 PM »
The latest addition to this modified BasicLabel is ability to Read/Write predetermined length Modbus string. Predetermined length would actually denote the number of elements (or words or Modbus addresses) so any string that is equal or shorter than that number, will fit in.

There are 2 new properties, InterpretValueAsModbusString and ModbusStringLength.
The driver's MaxReadGroupSize property will have to be adjusted to accommodate the length for all the labels used on the form.

One thing that doesn't work for this particular version of the BasicLabel control is access to multiple Modbus addresses (so each label can only read a string from one Modbus address).

There might be bugs so do report them.

In order to have this control work,you would also have to replace the SubscriptionHandler file with the attached modified version.
The new BasicLabel control is also attached in this post.

Open Discussion / Re: What would you like to see in the next major release?
« Last post by larryhts on January 17, 2018, 04:42:27 PM »
How about a Controls Component that could convert and display modbus tcp  strings.

Thanks Larry
Support Questions / Re: OPCDAcom (Timestamp and Quality)
« Last post by erduarte on January 17, 2018, 11:54:58 AM »
Ok Archie! Tks!! I take a look!

Congrats! AdvancedHMI is great!

Ed
Support Questions / Re: OPCDAcom (Timestamp and Quality)
« Last post by Archie on January 17, 2018, 07:36:49 AM »
Not with the OpcDaCom driver. This driver is merely a wrapper that simplifies access to an OPC server by stripping everything except the value.

If you want more information, then you will need to write the code to directly access the OPC server. You can Google "OPC .net" and find some code examples like this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4921943/opc-client-how-to-read-from-remote-opc-server

https://fistfulofbytes.com/opc-sample-code

Support Questions / OPCDAcom (Timestamp and Quality)
« Last post by erduarte on January 17, 2018, 07:03:06 AM »
Good Morning! Im using OPC to read data from OPC tunnel software. I can read data values from my tags. How can i read timestamp and quality from these tags? It is possible?

Regards

Ed
Application Showcase / Re: Bar Code Verification App
« Last post by seth350 on January 16, 2018, 02:37:03 PM »
Thank you guys for the feedback.

Do you have the part # of Prosoft Wifi Radio?

Sure do. I used this guy here. RLX2-IHNF-A

Supports b/g/n

I've done tons of custom applications with the Cognex Vision products. I use their SDK's all the time for applications. 

I initially started that way and did achieve the same result. However I could not figure out how to handle the WiFi barcode scanner going into Sleep mode. This would close the tcp socket on the scanner side but leave the socket open on the .net app side. Even after the scanner came back online, the socket would still receive the scanned data, but the SDK would just ignore it. Rebooting the .NET app would get everything talking once again.

I finally gave up on that path and stuck the Compactlogix in to handle the connections to the scanners. I think it will be easier to manage and troubleshoot a problem using the PLC than in some tcp socket code, for me anyways.

The Cognex scanners also support Javascript, so you could *i assume* create an entire application that is housed only in the scanner.

Additional Components / Re: Mono Serial Drivers - DF1 and ModbusRTU
« Last post by Godra on January 16, 2018, 01:56:18 PM »
Both drivers have been updated to include a new property, BackgroundThreadHoldTime, which will determine how fast the serial port receive buffer is checked for new data.

The value range of this property is 1 to 1000 millisecond (default being 5). It should generally be set to lower or equal of the PollRateOverride value.

You might try adjusting this value if your CPU usage shows as high, or if you have issues synchronizing communication with the device, or if you'd like to experiment...

It should always be sufficient to replace old dll files with new, by adding them as existing items, and rebuild the solution.
Open Discussion / Re: Cognex Dataman 60 Ethernet IP
« Last post by Godra on January 16, 2018, 09:32:54 AM »
Open Discussion / Cognex Dataman 60 Ethernet IP
« Last post by shsobsidianlilly on January 16, 2018, 08:15:51 AM »
In search of how to read and put on a page the results of a bar code scan over Ethernet IP from the Cognex DM-60. I am very green when it comes to coding. Any help would very much be appreciated.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10