Author Topic: Is Version 398s Complete?  (Read 6494 times)

AabeckControls

• View Profile
Is Version 398s Complete?
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:27:43 AM »
When I decided to start my project fresh, I downloaded AdvancedHMI V398s. Opened it, Built it, started my project (for AB SLC 5/04 using DF1).

I reconstructed the main screen, with 2 Form Change buttons (but not assigned to a from yet) then added 2 forms, reconstructed the 2 forms as normal, then when I wanted to assign which form to open to the Change Form buttons, I did a Rebuild. & got a lot of errors in MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Controls & .Drivers - when I went to the Debug folder in Explorer there were no such files.

I copied the file from the V398g folder to V398s, reopened VS & tried to rebuild again, but got 60 errors: (doesn't seem to be compatible versions)

After the errors I tried to reopen all 3 pages & got VS errors, had to click Ignore & Continue, but then got 3 empty screens, all reverted to default size 300x300, no background color, no objects at all.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:30:15 AM by AabeckControls »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Is Version 398s Complete?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:30:19 AM »
Did you add a driver to the form before adding any controls (even the FormChangeButton)?

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »
Yes, the first thing I did when I created a form & when I started on the main form was add the DF1 driver & check the properties of it. As I created an object I made sure it use the DF1 & added the correct Visible, Click & Value points as appropriate.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:49:06 AM »
I just downloaded 398s and added a Df1Com and 2 form change buttons. Then added a new form, went back and set the FormToOpen. Everything worked correctly.

Try this:

- Close Visual Studio
- In Windows Explorer browse to the \AdvancedHMI folder
- Delete both the \bin and the \obj folders
- Browse to the \AdvancedHMIDrivers folder
- Delete both \bin and \obj in that folder
- Delete the same folder in the \AdvancedHMIControls folder
- At the top level solution folder, delete the .sou file   (NOT the sln) Depending on your system settings the sou file may be hidden

This will completely clean your solution of any potential corrupt files.
Reopen the solution in Visual Studio and immediately do a Rebuild Solution
Now try to open your MainForm

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 11:34:18 AM »
Followed those steps, opened & Rebuilt, started adding objects to Main, then added second form  called Control - OK so far, as soon as I tried to create a form called System I got 102 errors:

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 11:36:37 AM »
The name System creates a huge conflict with the .NET System namespace. Try naming your form something like SystemA

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 11:41:48 AM »
Deleted the form System & created MainSystem, added the DF1 driver, Logo, E-Stop Momentary PB; Went back to Main, clicked Rebuild so the forms would show up to go to the ChangeForm buttons & got more errors:

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
Closed VS, went to the folders as above & deleted the folders & solution file, reopened the project, clicked Build & got a bunch of errors about items not in Control

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 12:35:19 PM »
I thought maybe some references were removed when a form named System was added, then deleted, but I tried that and all the errors went away after I deleted the form named System.

Download and extract an fresh copy of AdvancedHMI
Open the extracted solution
Build the solution
Right click AdvancedHMI in Solution Explorer and select Add->Existing
Browse to and select MainForm.vb from your other project
Build the Solution and see if you have any errors.

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 12:45:12 PM »
Before I got your answer I deleted the project completely, reloaded a new copy of V398s I have in my Download folder, opened it, Built it, Modified MainForm, created 2 new forms using the default names Form1 & Form2, adjusted them OK, Rebuilt to assign the FormChange buttons, OK, went to Form1 & to Toolbox, clicked on Pilot Light & as soon as I clicked on Form1 to add the pilot light: (same thing trying to add a Momentary Button)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 07:31:58 AM »
Did you get any further on this? I've tried many different ways, but can't seem to reproduce this.

I did modify the PilotLight.vb code at line 214 to try to prevent this error:

While m_CommComponent Is Nothing And i < j
                If Me.Parent.Site.Container.Components(i).GetType.GetInterface("AdvancedHMIDrivers.IComComponent") IsNot Nothing Then
                    If Me.Parent.Site.Container.Components(i) Is GetType(AdvancedHMIDrivers.IComComponent) Then
                        m_CommComponent = DirectCast(Me.Parent.Site.Container.Components(i), AdvancedHMIDrivers.IComComponent)
                    End If
                End If
                i += 1
            End While

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »
Just added your change & was able to add a pilot light to the main form OK, but when I tried to add a momentary pushbutton I got a error, tried rebuilding to see if it would then work & got the following errors: 

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 09:35:11 AM »
Was able to Rebuild , but when I tried to paste the pilot light on Form1, it automatically added the ethernet driver to the form & in properties won't show the DF1 driver to select it. Deleted the pilot light & the ethernet driver, rebuilt & same. Deleted the light & all comm drivers, re-added the DF1, rebuilt & still adds the ethernet driver & can only select the ethernet driver. Sitll error when try to add momentary PB on either form.

Darrell

• Electrician / PLC Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 10:56:28 AM »
Had a bit of time to kill so I Built a HMI with V398s  and tried to replicate what was being described above , and did not get any errors, was not connected to a PLC at the time. Using VB Studio pro 2013.
Darrell

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »
Went to repair another machine & when I got back (without changing anything since the above PilotLight code) not getting any errors at all now.

Guess it just wanted to be a headache???