Author Topic: SerialDF1forPLC5Com1 works fine in development, not compiled  (Read 806 times)

MrBi11

• View Profile
SerialDF1forPLC5Com1 works fine in development, not compiled
« on: December 12, 2017, 03:55:05 PM »
I have a control built on a touchscreen computer (XP) that runs a bottle filling line.
My interface works fine in development (Start/f5 in VS). Doesn't seem to connect when compiled (Built and installed)
I copied everything to a flash drive and built the app on a different system (Win10) and installed on the control system with the same results.

Any ideas on what to look for to resolve?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: SerialDF1forPLC5Com1 works fine in development, not compiled
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:08:56 PM »
Do you get any errors? When you deploy are you copying the complete solution and making a shortcut to AdvancedHMI\bin\Debug\AdvancedHMI.exe

MrBi11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 05:34:45 PM »
No Errors, just building (install from CD option) and using setup.

Everything installs (or seems to) but no displays update and I'm assuming that the PLC isn't seeing switches (as motors don't start etc.)
Had to debug when I'm programming (DF1) thru same serial port the HMI is on), SO I have an option of doing one or the other.

Nothing major in my programming on the HMI, mostly just using stuff directly out of the toolbox. (Only fancy is I change the label text color on selector switches based on status of PLC)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:37:19 PM by MrBi11 »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 05:44:16 PM »
Using Setup or Publish can add additional layers of problems, so I always recommend an XCopy deployment. Try simply copying the project the target machine and run the executable in the AdvancedHMI\bin\Debug folder.

Friedrich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 09:31:36 PM »
You might have a problem with .net library. From the top of my head XP only supports 3.5, while the newer versions of AdvancedHMI compile for 4.X. I think the last solution I did for XP was AdvancedHMI v3.68. Archie might shed some light on when the software was switched over to the newer .net.
You may also be missing some .net libraries if the machine runs XP embedded. You should be able to download and install these from Microsoft.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »
XP does support .NET 4.0 , but you need Service Pack 3

MrBi11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 09:49:45 AM »
Thank You, that worked without issues