Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Additional Components / Re: Color Picker
« Last post by Godra on October 22, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »
As it appears, color picking can also be done just by calling a ColorDialog box within the Click event of a control.

Here is a simple example with a standard button control placed on the MainForm and some code from the ColorPicker.vb control posted by Archie:

Code: [Select]
    Private Sub MainForm_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Button1.UseVisualStyleBackColor = False
        Button1.Text = Button1.BackColor.ToString 'or use Button1.BackColor.Name
    End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim cDialog As New ColorDialog()
        cDialog.Color = Button1.BackColor

If (cDialog.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK) Then
            If Button1.BackColor <> cDialog.Color Then
                Button1.BackColor = cDialog.Color

If (CInt(cDialog.Color.R) + CInt(cDialog.Color.G) + CInt(cDialog.Color.B)) > ((255I * 3I) \ 2I) Then
                    Button1.ForeColor = Color.Black
                Else
                    Button1.ForeColor = Color.White
                End If

Button1.Text = cDialog.Color.ToString 'or use cDialog.Color.Name
            End If
        End If
    End Sub
Application Showcase / Re: Embedded variables
« Last post by Phrog30 on October 22, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »
Here's the base app with the control.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5kPtgWJjV9aUp4a1pBVW1FNTQ/view?usp=sharing

I didn't spend a lot of time on error checking, and I've only tested for an hour or so, so good chance it's not bug free, but it should give the idea.

It's a basic multistate.  You create the states, messages, colors, blinking, etc.  However, this adds variables to the mix.  First, add each variable to the collection, remember it's base 0.  The only property that works now is the name, type isn't doing anything and value is being used in code, so no need to set those.  If you want to use variable 0, for example, then insert {#0} in the spot in the message.  That's it.  I tested with CLX, but I don't see why this won't work with any platform, except for strings.  I have no experience with strings outside of CLX.  Right not only full length strings will work.  Partial strings will come later.

Please tell me what you think.  Personally, this fills a big void as I used this a ton in ME/SE, so I think it's cool.

James

-- Edit, you will need to build the application.
Application Showcase / Embedded variables
« Last post by Phrog30 on October 21, 2017, 07:16:08 PM »
I spent some time today working on getting embedded variables to work.  Right now it's rather rough, but I think it should work out nicely.  It works like placeholders in RA software ({#1} - is a pointer to PLC address 1 in the collection).  Right now I have the PLC addresses hard coded, but when it's said and done, it will be a collection that can be edited in the control.  All of this will work without writing a single line of code.  My example has 4 states in a multistate indicator.  Just showing off the potential of AdvancedHMI.

James

Support Questions / Re: ChartBySampling over flow?
« Last post by Taka_Y on October 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
Hi Archie,
Thank you for your support.
The problem solved.
By the way, Can I set it up sample rate without ComComponent?
Best regards,
Support Questions / Re: MonoDevelop Getting Cannot Separate Components 399x
« Last post by dmroeder on October 20, 2017, 04:00:05 PM »
Nice!  Good on ya for sticking with it and updating the thread!
« Last post by habadeer on October 20, 2017, 01:45:26 PM »
Figured it out.  Thanks to Groda for pointing out the Raspberry Pi thread.  There is a package that allows compiling of VB code under MonoDevelop on Linux.  It is the mono-vbnc package.  Once I installed this the IDE recognized the VB code and I was able to compile.  Of course there were many errors due to references to things that do not translate into Linux, such as most of the Controls components, but once these were fixed, everything compiled and executed directly under Linux.  This is actually even better since now I do not need to go to Windows at all.

WOOHOO!!!

Thanks, guys.
« Last post by dmroeder on October 20, 2017, 01:01:22 PM »
dmroeder, thanks for the reply.  I will try repeating your steps.  Just making sure of the steps you followed...., you did bring the project into Mono on a Linux machine and do the compiling there, correct?  I know I can RUN an exe using Mono on a Linux machine, my problem is I am trying to COMPILE and run the project.  Whenever I build the project the bin folders only ever contain the MFG dlls and nothing more.  I could still be doing this completely wrong.  Just trying to figure out what step I am missing.  Any help is appreciated.

I am using GTK for my HMI, so I am assuming I cannot build a GTK application on Windows.  Also, I would prefer not to have to build it in Windows.  :)

Godra, thanks for the reply.  I have looked at the Raspberry Pi posting.  Again, here the problem is Mono was used strictly to run the exe and not to build the project.

Ahh, I see.  I compiled it in Windows, then copied the entire project, pre-compiled onto the linux machine.  I'm guessing your issue is that VB.NET is not fully supported under mono, so compiling is probably your issue.  It is probably failing to compile all of the components, so it thinks that the dll's have been separated, giving you that error.
« Last post by habadeer on October 20, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »
dmroeder, thanks for the reply.  I will try repeating your steps.  Just making sure of the steps you followed...., you did bring the project into Mono on a Linux machine and do the compiling there, correct?  I know I can RUN an exe using Mono on a Linux machine, my problem is I am trying to COMPILE and run the project.  Whenever I build the project the bin folders only ever contain the MFG dlls and nothing more.  I could still be doing this completely wrong.  Just trying to figure out what step I am missing.  Any help is appreciated.

I am using GTK for my HMI, so I am assuming I cannot build a GTK application on Windows.  Also, I would prefer not to have to build it in Windows.  :)

Godra, thanks for the reply.  I have looked at the Raspberry Pi posting.  Again, here the problem is Mono was used strictly to run the exe and not to build the project.
« Last post by Godra on October 20, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »
Open Discussion / Re: Memphis, TN area users?
« Last post by dcapps4140 on October 19, 2017, 10:58:10 PM »
Just north, Jackson Area
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10