Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Application Showcase / Embedded variables
« Last post by Phrog30 on Today at 07:16:08 PM »
I spent some time today working on getting embedded variables to work.  Right now it's rather rough, but I think it should work out nicely.  It works like placeholders in RA software ({#1} - is a pointer to PLC address 1 in the collection).  Right now I have the PLC addresses hard coded, but when it's said and done, it will be a collection that can be edited in the control.  All of this will work without writing a single line of code.  My example has 4 states in a multistate indicator.  Just showing off the potential of AdvancedHMI.

James

Support Questions / Re: ChartBySampling over flow?
« Last post by Taka_Y on October 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
Hi Archie,
Thank you for your support.
The problem solved.
By the way, Can I set it up sample rate without ComComponent?
Best regards,
Support Questions / Re: MonoDevelop Getting Cannot Separate Components 399x
« Last post by dmroeder on October 20, 2017, 04:00:05 PM »
Nice!  Good on ya for sticking with it and updating the thread!
« Last post by habadeer on October 20, 2017, 01:45:26 PM »
Figured it out.  Thanks to Groda for pointing out the Raspberry Pi thread.  There is a package that allows compiling of VB code under MonoDevelop on Linux.  It is the mono-vbnc package.  Once I installed this the IDE recognized the VB code and I was able to compile.  Of course there were many errors due to references to things that do not translate into Linux, such as most of the Controls components, but once these were fixed, everything compiled and executed directly under Linux.  This is actually even better since now I do not need to go to Windows at all.

WOOHOO!!!

Thanks, guys.
« Last post by dmroeder on October 20, 2017, 01:01:22 PM »
dmroeder, thanks for the reply.  I will try repeating your steps.  Just making sure of the steps you followed...., you did bring the project into Mono on a Linux machine and do the compiling there, correct?  I know I can RUN an exe using Mono on a Linux machine, my problem is I am trying to COMPILE and run the project.  Whenever I build the project the bin folders only ever contain the MFG dlls and nothing more.  I could still be doing this completely wrong.  Just trying to figure out what step I am missing.  Any help is appreciated.

I am using GTK for my HMI, so I am assuming I cannot build a GTK application on Windows.  Also, I would prefer not to have to build it in Windows.  :)

Godra, thanks for the reply.  I have looked at the Raspberry Pi posting.  Again, here the problem is Mono was used strictly to run the exe and not to build the project.

Ahh, I see.  I compiled it in Windows, then copied the entire project, pre-compiled onto the linux machine.  I'm guessing your issue is that VB.NET is not fully supported under mono, so compiling is probably your issue.  It is probably failing to compile all of the components, so it thinks that the dll's have been separated, giving you that error.
« Last post by habadeer on October 20, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »
dmroeder, thanks for the reply.  I will try repeating your steps.  Just making sure of the steps you followed...., you did bring the project into Mono on a Linux machine and do the compiling there, correct?  I know I can RUN an exe using Mono on a Linux machine, my problem is I am trying to COMPILE and run the project.  Whenever I build the project the bin folders only ever contain the MFG dlls and nothing more.  I could still be doing this completely wrong.  Just trying to figure out what step I am missing.  Any help is appreciated.

I am using GTK for my HMI, so I am assuming I cannot build a GTK application on Windows.  Also, I would prefer not to have to build it in Windows.  :)

Godra, thanks for the reply.  I have looked at the Raspberry Pi posting.  Again, here the problem is Mono was used strictly to run the exe and not to build the project.
« Last post by Godra on October 20, 2017, 06:55:22 AM »
Open Discussion / Re: Memphis, TN area users?
« Last post by dcapps4140 on October 19, 2017, 10:58:10 PM »
Just north, Jackson Area
Support Questions / Re: Error Importing Form Template
« Last post by MikeF on October 19, 2017, 08:39:54 PM »
Awesome, that seems to have cleared up all the errors. Thanks for the quick response Archie
Support Questions / Re: Error Importing Form Template
« Last post by Archie on October 19, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »
When you added the object, it should have ask for a file name, then gave that name to the form. If it didn't, then you will need to change it's name it two places. In the designer code, then in the regular form code (by right clicking the form in Solution Explorer, then select View Code)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10