Author Topic: New Version 3.99w Now Available  (Read 3563 times)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
New Version 3.99w Now Available
« on: March 12, 2017, 09:45:17 PM »
V3.99w
BasicButton - Catch a more general exception when the PLc driver faults
PCCCDrivers - Subscriptions to more than 1 element was not working
Modbus - Fixed a SwapByte issue when writing
Omron Drivers - Was very slow if a bad address subscribed to. Also was not reporting error back to subscription
SoundPlayer - Added Enabled
Stacklight - Added Blue color and increased contrast between Off and On
BasicButton - Added ForecolorAlternate property
AlphaKeyboard - reworked for more compatibility With Mono
AnalogValueDisplay - Added ValueUpper and Lower limit value changed events
EthernetIPforCLX - Fixed a problem with reading bits from larger elements when in a UDT

bachphi

• View Profile
Re: New Version 3.99w Now Available
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 10:14:47 AM »
Do you still ...using windows XP?

The default framework use DotNet v4. 
I am wondering if it's time to move up to 4.5.2?
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

AabeckControls

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 05:13:38 PM »
Archie,

That's great timing - I can change the project I am working on, and I was planning on having a Temperatures screen showing the chart just like in your example - just need to add 2 more for 8 records.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »
Do you still ...using windows XP?

The default framework use DotNet v4. 
I am wondering if it's time to move up to 4.5.2?
The next major release will be updated to a higher framework, but version 3 will remain at .NET 4 . There are still some users out there that need XP compatibility. In fact, I am currently working on a CX-Supervisor conversion to AdvancedHMI that will need to run on several Panel PCs that have XP.

Khosrow

• View Profile
EthernetIPforCLXCom problem with New releases after version r
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
Archie:
Thanks a lot for the great job you have done.  I love your dlls and controls that you have created. Currently,  I am using your AdavncedHMIDirivers and MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll (earlier version  before 9/22/2016) with AB CompactLogix PLCs.  It works beautifully with the old version dlls but not with any of the new ones.  I even tested my VB.Net 2010 program with the latest version (w) and have the same problem.  I get the error  "Read Failed.  Path Segment Error (Invalid Tag Name".   Status Code=4"  but as soon as I copy the old dlls and place them in debug folder, it works again.
It is my understanding that as of version 3.99r only Ethernet card routing is available.
The question that I have is what changes do I have to make so that my program works with the latest releases of AdvancedHMI libraries? I have never used RoutePath property.   I have to PLCs in my network and In can ping every one of them.  Here is the code I have in my VB.Net

Imports AdvancedHMIDrivers

Public Class MainForm
    Public AbPLc As EthernetIPforCLXCom

Private Sub MainForm_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        AbPLc(1) = New EthernetIPforCLXCom
        AbPLc(1).IPAddress = "172.22.131.207"

AbPLc(1).Timeout = 500

'AbPLc(2) = New EthernetIPforCLXCom
        'AbPLc(2).IPAddress = "172.22.131.204"
        ' AbPLc(2).Timeout = 500
    End Sub

Khosrow

• View Profile
New Version 3.99w Routing Paths
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
Archie:
I want to thank you for the great job you have done developing AdavancedHMI controls and dlls.
I have been using the old version (before r or may be t) of your AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll and MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll in my VB.net 2010 to read 2 Tags off AB CompactLogix PLCs. Here are the statements I use in my code to Read 2 Tags off 2 PLCs:
Imports AdvancedHMIDrivers

Public Class MainForm
    Public AbPLc(2) As EthernetIPforCLXCom

Private Sub MainForm_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        AbPLc(1) = New EthernetIPforCLXCom
        AbPLc(1).IPAddress = "192.168.1.207"
        AbPLc(1).Timeout = 1000

AbPLc(2) = New EthernetIPforCLXCom
        AbPLc(2).IPAddress = "192.168.1.204"
        AbPLc(2).Timeout = 1000
    End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim DataStr As String
        Try
            DataStr = AbPLc(1).Read(Tag1.Text)
            Lab1.Text = DataStr
            Application.DoEvents()

DataStr = AbPLc(2).Read(Tag2.Text)
            Lab2.Text = DataStr
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try

End Sub
End Class

As soon as I replace the above 2 dlls with their new version v, or w, I get the error message”
“Read Failed. Path Segment Error (Invalid Tag Name), Status Error=4”
It is my understanding that as of version 3.99r only Ethernet card routing is available.  My problem is that I do not know what Routing Path I should use to make my application work with the latest version of dlls.
I can ping the 2 IP address and I have access through Rslogix5000 or Linx but not with the latest version of your AdvancedHMI.libraries.
Any help that you can provide me to make my application work with version w is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Khosrow

boldive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »
Is it any known issue with Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017?
So far it compiles without errors but actual HMI screen shows no elements, even labels.
Thanks

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 11:23:39 AM »
Is it any known issue with Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017?
So far it compiles without errors but actual HMI screen shows no elements, even labels.
Thanks
When installing 2017 be sure to select the Desktop application options and both VB and C#
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:17:46 PM by Archie »

adam3654

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »
Also, you need to change the setting in Options to auto populate the toolbox. See the link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4119201/how-do-i-get-visual-studio-toolbox-to-auto-populate-projects-components

This took me longer to solve than I'd like to admit. Maybe it would be worth making a Sticky post to inform the new users.

boldive

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »
Toolbox is not an issue. "be sure to select the Desktop application options and both VB and C#" - DONE!
I put elements in the MainForm. One analog indicator, one label and one digital meter. Run application. No errors, no faults, no any messages. New screen which shows running application has AdvancedHMI logo on the right top corner and nothing else.

boldive

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 03:17:11 PM »
Messages on the output screen. I hope it will help to recognize what I do wrong.

'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Work\AdvancedHMI\AdvancedHMI\bin\Debug\AdvancedHMI.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasic\v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Remoting\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Remoting.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Work\AdvancedHMI\AdvancedHMI\bin\Debug\MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'AdvancedHMI.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: AdvancedHMI.exe): Loaded 'C:\Work\AdvancedHMI\AdvancedHMI\bin\Debug\AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll'. Symbols loaded.
The program '[13852] AdvancedHMI.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 03:54:28 PM »
I put elements in the MainForm. One analog indicator, one label and one digital meter. Run application. No errors, no faults, no any messages. New screen which shows running application has AdvancedHMI logo on the right top corner and nothing else.
Since you do not see the things you add when you run, my first guess is that you are modifying the AdvancedHMIcs project and not the MainForm in the AdvancedHMI project which will be the first one in the list in Solution Explorer. The default is setup to run the AdvancedHMI project.

boldive

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 10:36:46 AM »
Thank you Archie, you are right. I need to work with MainForm.vb, not MainForm.vs
It works now.
May I ask, is any plan to add Codesys 3.5 driver?
Thanks