Author Topic: Microsoft.net Framework Error?  (Read 942 times)

Jeremy36

• View Profile
Microsoft.net Framework Error?
« on: April 28, 2017, 10:15:21 AM »
Hello! We are working on a system that was installed by others and trying to figure out what is wrong. Everything was working until the site lost power. Now I keep getting an error that says

Microsoft.net Framework Error.
Exception of type
'MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.PLCDriverException' was Thrown.

Now the HMI is really slow and only works half of the time. Can anyone help? I am new to using this software. I got a copy of the program and reloaded it, but it still does the same thing. Thanks!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Microsoft.net Framework Error?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »
I would first try to re-install the .NET framework:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:28:10 AM »
Although the PLCDriverException typically means a communication problem or accessing a register that does not exist in the PLC.

Jeremy36

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:36:55 AM »
Ok Thank you Archie! I will give it a shot!

Jeremy36

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 10:51:46 AM »
Although the PLCDriverException typically means a communication problem or accessing a register that does not exist in the PLC.

Here is another question. We are having communication problems from remote sites to the plc via radio. When we hooked up to the plc is was really slow and even would freeze sometimes. Could that be our communication problem to the hmi? Since its not getting the info from the PLC like it should? The application from the hmi is also running slower then usual.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
If you have slow or intermittent communications, it can slow down the HMI. Each time the driver requests data from the PLC, it will wait up to 5 seconds for a response before making the next request. So a blink in the communication will essentially pause all displayed values.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 12:37:55 PM »
If you have slow or intermittent communications, it can slow down the HMI. Each time the driver requests data from the PLC, it will wait up to 5 seconds for a response before making the next request. So a blink in the communication will essentially pause all displayed values.

How do you slow down the HMI? With the poll rate value?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 04:38:16 PM »

How do you slow down the HMI? With the poll rate value?
The PollRateOverride property of the driver sets the target refresh rate for subscriptions which is the mechanism that updates the visual controls. I say target because it may not be able to update at that rate if you have slow communications or possible an item pointing to an invalid tag. If you are bottle necking your communications, then you can use the PollRateOverride to throttle back the refresh rate. On the other hand you can use it if you need very fast refresh rates. You can set it to 0 and the driver will refresh as fast as the system will allow.