Author Topic: Problem building AdvancedHMI  (Read 5552 times)

Angel Rua

• View Profile
Problem building AdvancedHMI
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:43:03 AM »
Hi, I am starting with AdvancedHMI and, after opening the solution file with visual studio, tried to build it and it comes with several errors (see below). How could I fix it?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Warning   1   Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.   AdvancedHMI

Warning   2   The referenced component 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs' could not be found.    AdvancedHMI

Error   3   Type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.ShapeContainer' is not defined.   C:\Users\angelr.SCOTRENEWABLESL\Downloads\AdvancedHMIBeta361\AdvancedHMI\Components\Resizer.vb   86   50   AdvancedHMI

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Problem building AdvancedHMI
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 07:04:20 AM »
What version of Visual Studio are you using?

Right click AdvancedHMI in Solution Explorer and select Properties. Then select the References tab and see of the Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs is in the list. If so, does it show any errors? Is the Copy Local set to True?

Angel Rua

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 07:14:41 AM »
Hi Archie,

Thanks for the quick answer!. I am using visual studio express 2013 for windows desktop. I followed your steps and Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs is in the list and Copy Local is set to false and it seems that I can't change it to true.

Thanks again

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 07:47:45 AM »
If you click on it to select it, you should be able to change it in the properties window.

Angel Rua

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 10:41:19 AM »
Hi Archie,

Yes I did that, but it goes back to "false" when I try to build it again. It says that "the system cannot find the reference specified" on the "Path" box.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:46:51 AM by Angel Rua »

fileark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 06:39:50 PM »
Had a whole bunch of 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.xxx' errors where the xxx is multiple items like Shape Container or VB used by resizer.vb.
This is with a fresh install of Visual Studio Express 2013 on a machine that has never had any other versions of Visual Studio installed.
I downloaded VBPowerPacks v3.0 and it removed all of the errors but there was still a couple of warnings.
Come to find out V3.0 is pretty old from around 2005.

Here I found PowerPack 10.0 http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/67665b95-0339-421f-a0a5-c20c60c57e15/microsoft-visual-basic-power-packs-100?forum=vbpowerpacks
Now it builds with no errors or warnings.