Author Topic: Support for PLC5?  (Read 4418 times)

dhinsaguri

• View Profile
Support for PLC5?
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:11:14 PM »
HI, i was wondering does is AdvancedHMI compatible with PLC5? Currently PLC 5 is communicating with my computer through Allen Bradley DH+ to Ethernet box.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Support for PLC5?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:37:10 PM »
It has some limited compatibility using the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicro driver. The PLC5 must support the Ethernet/IP protocol. The older protocol prior to Ethernet/IP is not compatible.

dhinsaguri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »
Hi. Thanks for a quick reply
The processor I have is PLC -5/10 Cat. NO. 1785-LT4 A, and to connect to it we are using DH+ to ethernet card. so that means that wont work? There should be ethernet port directly on PLC itself for it to work?

We also have a devicenet card in the PLC. Can we connect through that using Devicenet and Rs232 port?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:31:09 AM »
It would have to be one of the processors with an Ethernet port built in or the Ethernet card that plugs into the rack next to the processor. In either case it must also have the Ethernet/IP logo on it to indicate it supports Ethernet/IP protocol.

The only other option is if the processor has an RS232 port to be able to use the DF1Com driver.

Noobula

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »
I am trying to use the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicro driver to communicate with a PLC 5/40E
(looks like this:)
http://www.automation-drive.com/EX/05-13-03/1785l40e.jpeg

I can ping and get a responds from the target IP.
In VB, I just have to give the driver an IP right?

The Ethernet driver have a ConnectionEstablished event, I used a BasicIndicator to show if communication works, but this BasicIndicator says "Could Not Connect to 192.168.200.26 on port 44818"

Am I right to assume that the E in PLC 5/40E means it supports the Ethernet/IP protocol?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 12:58:51 PM »
The E only indicates it is an enhanced processor, so it may still not support Ethernet/IP. I find that most of the cases I have seen, it will have an Ethernet/IP logo on the processor if it supports it. An easy rest is to see if you can browse the processor using the Ethernet/IP driver in RSLinx.

Noobula

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »
In RSLinx, the processor is found under Ethernet, but its type is CSPv4 instead of EtherNet/IP.

Would the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicro driver still work if I changed the port to 2222?

CSPv4 is a proprietary protocol isn't it?...

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »
CSP is an older AB protocol that is not compatible with EIP.