Author Topic: Android Tablet  (Read 4775 times)

stuartscott171

• View Profile
Android Tablet
« on: May 11, 2015, 02:09:48 AM »
Is it possible to run AdvancedHMI on Android? If so what's the best way to achieve this.
Would be nice to make a tablet to carry around the plant instead of a laptop.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Android Tablet
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 07:15:14 AM »

pal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 06:01:48 PM »
If you're from the UK , Sainsbury's doing a 10" called the Linx10 for £149 with 8.1 , 32Gb . I've got an AHMI project running on it now .

Paul

nestbulala

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »
Hello Archie,

Is there any Industrial Graphic Display that can run AHMI? If so, can you please advice for the link?

nestbulala

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 05:22:57 PM »
Anything that runs Windows 7 or Windows 8 can run AdvancedHMI. We were selling these units loaded with an SSD and Windows 7 Pro, but temporarily stopped selling that unit because we are looking for one that we can sell at a lower cost:

http://www.acrosser.com/Products/Panel-PC.html

Mikefly95

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 11:19:58 AM »
I know you mentioned in another post that you had AHMI running on Linux Mint, will it run on Ubuntu as well?? If so you can install Ubuntu on some Android Tablets and presto chango portable AHMI.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 09:42:24 PM »
I know you mentioned in another post that you had AHMI running on Linux Mint, will it run on Ubuntu as well?? If so you can install Ubuntu on some Android Tablets and presto chango portable AHMI.
I looked into this, but couldn't find a clear cut way to install Ubuntu on a tablet. I also looked for a tablet that already had Ubuntu installed, but only found mentions but no real product for sale.

Mikefly95

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 09:47:06 AM »
Tons of videos on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b17Bfza1X3A&spfreload=10. Its not something i would suggest a novice attempt but its not overly complicated. And since Mint is pretty much Ubuntu with a much better UI seems do able to use AHMI.