Author Topic: Visual Studio 2005  (Read 619 times)

Peter_Frick

• View Profile
Visual Studio 2005
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:55:59 PM »
Hi - first time using AdvancedHMI and within 10 minutes had what I wanted running on my laptop. Very impressed. Then went to roll it out onto a server for deployment and found out that it was running Visual Studio 2005 and updating it will not be straight forward. So I am getting the message "The selected file is a solution file, but was created by a newer version of this application and cannot be opened."
Is there a workaround for this or an older version of Advanced HMI? I am running Visual Studio Express 2012 on my laptop.

Cheers
Peter

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Visual Studio 2005
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »
VS2005 is no longer supported because the drivers use class library elements that are only available in .NET 4.0

The oldest version it will work with is VS2010 with SP1 and we no longer guarantee that version to work. The current recommended version if VS2013 Community Edition

Peter_Frick

• View Profile
Re: Visual Studio 2005
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 07:08:01 PM »
Thanks Archie - I will look to update the version on the server. As mentioned before, very impressed - I don't think I have ever had a screen or project up and running 10 minutes after installing the software and having never used it before.
Cheers