Author Topic: OPC question.  (Read 1923 times)

vitico bon

• View Profile
OPC question.
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:37:21 AM »
Ok, since I now need to wait for a resolution on the Modbus driver decided to move on to test the OPC with some of our possible applications. So I made a form with a BasicLabel to read one analog value to start. Based on the attached picture I made the OPCServer = Mission.DA2 (all other parameters were left untouched) and then for the label I entered. "M18994_A2_Value" as the PLC address. But this isn't working.
Any suggestions from the experts? 

bachphi

• View Profile
Re: OPC question.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »
I thought Archie already posted the RTU patch for you.

You might want to check the settings in this link:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=598.msg5721#msg5721
===================================================
This is NOT alt.read.my.mind.
No such thing is sh^t-for-brains unless you are posting to alt.read.my.mind.
===================================================

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 11:06:24 AM »
You should try using MatrikonOPC explorer to see how it detects the server and the tags, similar to this:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=648.msg2968#msg2968

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:26:46 AM »
bachpi:  I try but didn't work, I also see that you were using RSLinx in your case. In my case the OPC link to a national data center for data collection of locations all over the country, according to their documentation any scada that support OPC DA v2, v1.1 will work, but the question is how.

Godra: Will do and will let you know what is the result.

Thanks to both of you

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »
See nothing grown here..

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »
BTW those are the error I am getting.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 12:51:39 PM »
Try communicating with MatrikonOPC simulation server to see if you will be getting the same errors.

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 02:22:00 PM »
Don't ask me how because I swear I didn't do anything else. But just started to work. Extrange!  Will let you know if something change.  We are distributors for this product and the manufacturer acknowledge that there were some problems with their OPC and there is a new versions they are testing right now.

Thanks for the help.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »
The results of testing the AHMI application with more than one server should indicate whether the errors are caused by the OPC server or by the AHMI.

This should be taken as general troubleshooting practice for anybody dealing with OPC.

No questions about your server but I do have a question about the other topic, with multidrop modbus: since Archie posted a patch just to see if you have tried it yet?

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 03:18:06 PM »
Did he?  I didn't see where.

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 03:49:31 PM »
The only thing I found was the "v399s" from Dec 06, just tested and still have the same issue with modbus, but that date was earlier that my messages and he telling me that there was a fix on the way.

Godra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 04:44:06 PM »

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 07:56:25 PM »
By the time I read your message I was already at home with no hardware to test, nevertheless I was able to do a TeamVierer session and run some test, it appears to be working ok now, but with a remote connection I don't have a good feeling of timing, still it appears to be working now. Monday I will know for sure.

BTW I have no idea what is going on with OPC now running the same program here and in the office it works ok in the office and is giving me errors at home, I am 99% sure that it have to do with the Mission opc. I will call them on Monday to see when they are going to have the new OPC, no in the beta stage ready for out test. 

I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a freight train coming to run me over!

Thanks!

vitico bon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 10:24:31 PM »
Ok here I am again, don't know if by now someone is going to read this. I am still waiting to go into the office to do some more test with modbus. But as to the OPC this is what I found, just keep in mind that I am just starting using .net.  In the office the OPC driver works perfect now, but here at home it only works when I compile the project for debug, is I do the compilation  for release it won't work.

Someone have any idea of what is going on?

PS I am almost sure that both computers are setup identical but there can be something that i am missing.