Author Topic: Errors when adding 'MessageListByItem' Control  (Read 815 times)

CalitriSan

• View Profile
Errors when adding 'MessageListByItem' Control
« on: April 14, 2021, 03:12:43 PM »
I'm trying to setup alarms for my PLC and would like to use the 'MessageListByItem' control but the version of Advanced HMI I started building off of did not have it included (399xR1). I grabbed the MessageListByItem.vb from the latest Beta release and added to my project but see these errors when I try to build the project:

Severity   Code   Description   Project   File   Line   Suppression State
Error   BC30002   Type 'MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Controls.MessageListByItem' is not defined.   AdvancedHMIControls   C:\Users\rlonardo\Documents\Advanced HMI\SideRailAssemblyTable\AdvancedHMIControls\Controls\MessageListByItem.vb   2   Active

Error   BC30284   sub 'OnCreateControl' cannot be declared 'Overrides' because it does not override a sub in a base class.   AdvancedHMIControls   C:\Users\rlonardo\Documents\Advanced HMI\SideRailAssemblyTable\AdvancedHMIControls\Controls\MessageListByItem.vb   20   Active

Error   BC30002   Type 'MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Controls.MessageByItem' is not defined.   AdvancedHMIControls   C:\Users\rlonardo\Documents\Advanced HMI\SideRailAssemblyTable\AdvancedHMIControls\Controls\MessageListByItem.vb   62   Active

What do I need to do to get the control working properly with my application?

Godra

• View Profile
Re: Errors when adding 'MessageListByItem' Control
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 11:25:35 PM »
Your best choice is to use the whole 3.99y beta solution.

It might be possible to upgrade the current solution, just read this topic:

https://www.advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=218.0

CalitriSan

• View Profile
Re: Errors when adding 'MessageListByItem' Control
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 09:02:31 AM »
Thanks - I'm giving that a try now. There were quite a few property related errors (name changes mostly) but I was able to work through them all and get a successful build. Now I just have to see if the control I want works!