Author Topic: Standard labels disappear in simplewebserver view  (Read 655 times)

ScottyP

• View Profile
Standard labels disappear in simplewebserver view
« on: April 27, 2021, 09:13:06 AM »
I've used the SimpleWebServer component and it works perfectly, really great addition to the components. I built a dashboard showing various plant metrics and using only AHMI components on the main form, all good.

Next, I built an app to use the standard Chart component from Windows to chart a rolling value from a PLC tag (controllogix) again it works perfectly in the HMI, I then added two standard Windows labels to display the value of the tag in one label, with a timestamp below the value in another label.

When the app is running, it is perfect but when viewed on a browser (using SimpleWebServer) then all of the standard Windows labels disappear? Only the chart works, and since there are only the CLX comms component, a VBTimer and the SimpleWebServer on the form with the chart and 3 labels (the 3rd one shows if my comms are ok using try...catch) then I can't understand why the label components all become invisible but the chart works.

This is the same in IE11 and Chrome (up to date) on a Win 7 / 64 machine.

Any ideas? Thanks. (VS2019 and 3.99 AHMI)

EDIT: further info, the chart object seems to be hiding all of the other components even if they are set to be in front of it. I am going to investigate that - it works perfectly as an application but only the web view is like this. Even if I add AHMI visual components on top of the border area of the chart, they are fine in the running app but invisible on the web server view.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 09:28:57 AM by ScottyP »

ScottyP

• View Profile
Re: Standard labels disappear in simplewebserver view
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 06:09:35 AM »
Cannot get to the bottom of this. Tried sending the chart to back, all other controls to front, loads fine as an app in debug or release but when viewed on a web browser (all browsers) then the chart itself is the only control you can see, no others appear in that view.

Anyone had this?