Author Topic: Numerical data entry  (Read 1912 times)

Bobdobs

• View Profile
Numerical data entry
« on: November 13, 2014, 05:22:18 AM »
Just getting started with AdvancedHMI and a Micro850. I couldn't find a simple data entry component? I want to write integers and real numbers via ModbusTCP. Also, should I just be using the Modbus address I.e 0x00001 or should I be using the variable name in the Modbus register?

Thanks in advance...

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Numerical data entry
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 06:17:06 AM »
To enter data, some of the controls have a property named PLCAddressKeypad. If there is an address in that property, a keypad will popup when it is clicked.

If you're Micro850 is version 4 or higher, there is a specific driver in AdvancedHMI version 3.81 that let's you use tag names directly over Ethernet.

Just today I received my first Micro820, so I do not yet have a lot of experience with it to be able to offer too much advice. As for Modbus, you will need to use the common Modbus addressing scheme, for example 40001 is the first 16 bit register and uses function code 3 for a read.

Bobdobs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 05:22:16 AM »
Cheers mate, thanks for the prompt reply. My 850 is running  7, so what driver should I be using?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 06:09:31 AM »
You will need the latest version of AdvancedHMI (currently 3.82) which has an EthernetIPforMicro800Com driver