Author Topic: Digital Panel meter not displaying data from Tag  (Read 627 times)

jeremyr

• View Profile
Digital Panel meter not displaying data from Tag
« on: August 14, 2019, 06:04:08 PM »
Hoping someone can assist me.

I am connecting to an Omron PLC using OmronEthernet FINS.  AdvancedHMI is connecting to the PLC and the tag is correct, but it refuses to display data.  When I say "connecting", it does not give any errors.  The tag types on both PLC's are the same and I am using the digitalmeter component.  Both PLC's are in operation and working.

I can connect perfectly to another OMRON PLC and display data from a tag, but not this PLC.  They are both configured in KepWare, but I am connecting directly to the PLC IP.

I have tried different Tags, different display components e.g. analog.

Can you set a node or additional parameters on the FINS connection?  The only things I can see different are the settings on the device:

The one that connects is:

Model CS1
IP: 192.168.25.121
Source Network Address Number = 0
Source Node Number = 108
Destination Network Address Number = 0
Destination Node Number = 121
Destination Unit Number = 0
Port Number on channel properties = 9600

The one that does not show the data from the tags but gives no connection error:

Model CS1
IP: 192.168.25.31
Source Network Address Number = 0
Source Node Number = 108
Destination Network Address Number = 0
Destination Node Number = 31
Destination Unit Number = 0
Port 2002 on Channel properties

Are there any other settings one can try?

Will advancedHMI give an error if it cannot connect to the PLC or will it just not display the tag data?

Thanks.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Digital Panel meter not displaying data from Tag
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 09:03:02 PM »
The DigitalPanelMeter should show communication errors, but a BasicLabel is better to use for troubleshooting because it can expand to show full errors.

Are you sure 2002 is the correct port because the default FINS port is 9600

jeremyr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 08:21:39 AM »
The DigitalPanelMeter should show communication errors, but a BasicLabel is better to use for troubleshooting because it can expand to show full errors.

Are you sure 2002 is the correct port because the default FINS port is 9600

Yes I checked the port.  I don't think I can change it as it is in a production environment on a press.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 11:12:23 AM »
The best thing to do is to run a Wireshark capture to look at the packets to see what the PLC responds with or if it does respond. If you do a capture and save the results, then post it I can help interpret it for you.