Author Topic: Slow responce to AHMI from SLC 5/05  (Read 2439 times)

Shark13

• View Profile
Re: Slow responce to AHMI from SLC 5/05
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
Absolutely nothing besides windows. Its a brand new unit dedicated to this project. Later it will be the controls platform for the whole panel.

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 12:57:08 PM »
I emailed you screen shots of the tasks running on the IPC. However I think I discovered what the issue was. I had a section of code for writing to a CSV file in a certain instance and Excel was not present on that machine yet, I think it was bogging down the AHMI solution. After installing Excel, and running the AHMI on the BEckhoff IPC, there is no more delay.

Noe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2020, 02:26:17 PM »
I suggest you to not use Excel with .Net, as is not really required. I have had issues over time with Excel not closing correctly and becoming unresponsive after some time. Use better alternative as EPPlus, much lighter, better solution, no need to install additional software in the end PC.

https://github.com/JanKallman/EPPlus

I emailed you screen shots of the tasks running on the IPC. However I think I discovered what the issue was. I had a section of code for writing to a CSV file in a certain instance and Excel was not present on that machine yet, I think it was bogging down the AHMI solution. After installing Excel, and running the AHMI on the BEckhoff IPC, there is no more delay.

Shark13

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 07:33:52 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that.

The way we used it for this project was simply to save what was in a datagridview as a spredsheet to excell as a csv file. Or also load from excel to datagridview. However those actions are only running when commanded by load and save buttons. Not all the time.
Unfortunately I was wrong previously about excel being installed and correcting the delay. It is back now. When I use my programming laptop to test the solution, no delay. Using the PC at the machine which is running on the Beckhoff IPC, very large delay... more than a few seconds. The action happens immediately on click, but the buttons and icons do not refresh for a few seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

I suggest you to not use Excel with .Net, as is not really required. I have had issues over time with Excel not closing correctly and becoming unresponsive after some time. Use better alternative as EPPlus, much lighter, better solution, no need to install additional software in the end PC.

https://github.com/JanKallman/EPPlus