Author Topic: C# Dev Kit Error  (Read 486 times)

mdhill

• View Profile
C# Dev Kit Error
« on: June 13, 2024, 11:33:21 AM »
I am dusting off a program I created in 2022 for use on a Raspberry Pi 4.  After installing Visual Studio Code and Mono on the Pi and trying to run the program, I receive the following error:

2024-06-13 10:34:16.585 [warning] The project file '/home/AdvancedHMI/AdvancedHMIv399yBeta38Display/AdvancedHMICS/AdvancedHMIcs.csproj' is in unsupported format (for example, a traditional .NET Framework project). It need be converted to new SDK style to work in C# Dev Kit.

The project was originally created on a Win10 machine and I have no issues running the program on it.

Thanks in advance.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: C# Dev Kit Error
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 01:54:18 PM »
I am not sure if AdvancedHMI can be used in Visual Sudio Code. It was design to be used in Visual Studio Community Edition or higher.

mdhill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2024, 04:22:58 PM »
Thank you for reply.  I have started from scratch on the Rasp Pi and it requires me to install Visual Studio Code and the latest full version of Mono.  After the install, I compiled my Advanced HMI program on my Win 11 machine using Visual Studio Community.  I coped the program over to my Rasp Pi machine, opened a terminal window, and typed in the following:

mono AdvancedHMI.exe

After typing the command, I am receiving the following error:

real@raspberrypi4:~/AdvancedHMI/AdvancedHMIv399yBeta40/AdvancedHMI/bin/Debug $ mono AdvancedHMI.exe
The entry point method could not be loaded due to Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.

When I run the program on a Win10 / Win11 machine, I  have no errors. Is there another package that I need to install on the Rasp Pi that I have missed?  My last experience with AdvancedHMI projects was after building on a Win machine it was copy over and run with no issues.

Thanks in advance.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2024, 07:07:57 PM »
According to this:

https://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=666.0

Did you do this step:

apt-get install mono-vbnc

mdhill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2024, 12:25:10 PM »
The install of mono-vbnc resolved the issue.  I had a previous error when attempting to install
mono-vbnc but it ran with no issues this time.  Thanks.