Author Topic: ChartWithLogging Causing Build Errors VS2022  (Read 2480 times)

Spanhap

• View Profile
ChartWithLogging Causing Build Errors VS2022
« on: August 07, 2024, 07:22:58 PM »
Hi,

Been using AHMI for 6 months and has been an awesome experience so far.
At a point where I want to add some trends to my projects but am getting build errors when using the ChartWithLogging control.
I was using an earlier version of VS2022 and saw a post about some issues with earlier versions and the charting functions. Have upgraded to latest version of VS2022 and still same result.
It appears the errors relate to the DataVisualization component but not entirely sure if this is just me not having configured a property correctly or something bigger.
Keen to see if anyone else has seen this before or any ideas to resolve. I have had a look in the forum and can't find anything that directly relates to this. Definitely still learning VB so am not an expert.
Screenshot of build errors shown attached.

Thankyou for any assistance.

Spanhap

• View Profile
Re: ChartWithLogging Causing Build Errors VS2022
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2024, 08:13:45 PM »
After some more experimenting, adding a generic chart component then removing it allows the builds to work as expected with the AHMI controls chart components. I assume due to adding the generic chart adds the required datavisualization reference required but can't comment on how this is working in the background yet.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: ChartWithLogging Causing Build Errors VS2022
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 11:15:23 PM »
You are correct. However I am not sure why ChartWithLogging did not add that reference.