Author Topic: Communicating with TwinCAT3 via network interface with different IP from AMS ID  (Read 222 times)

csmelser

• View Profile
I'm trying to communicate with a machine running TwinCAT3 from outside of the machine's local network and having trouble getting the AHMI v3.99y TwinCAT TCP driver to communicate with the IP address not matching the beginning of the AMS NetID.

It works fine when connected directly to the machine's local network using IP 192.168.50.100 and AMS ID 192.168.50.100.1.1. This is via the Beckhoff's X102 network interface. But when I try to connect through the X103 interface via my company's network with IP 172.18.51.xx and AMS ID 192.168.50.100.1.1. I get ADS Error (GetSymbolInfo) on all indicators configured to the TwinCAT driver.

I've tried matching the first 4 numbers of the AMS ID to the X103 interface IP address with no luck, I've tried replacing the IP section of the AMS ID with the end of the MAC address as I've seen recommended in another thread and still had no luck. Same result with the end of the X102 MAC and X103 MAC. According to our IT company all ports are allowed between devices within the 172.18.51.xx/24 subnet.

Has anyone else had success with a similar scenario or have any advice for what to try next?

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Are you using TwinCATviaTCP or TwinCATviaAMSRouter ? Is TwinCAT installed in the PC you are running AdvancedHMI on?

The AMS Net Id should be independent of the IP address.

If you could start a WireShark packet capture , then start the AdvancedHMI application, I could tell a little more of what is happening from that. If you could save the capture and post it here, I can take a look at it.