Author Topic: New with RSLogix. Does anybody know about RSLogix soft installation??  (Read 1735 times)

deivid

• View Profile
Hello,
Im new with RSLogix brand, I just installed RSLogix5000 in my PC, but I need to instal SoftLogix as RSlogix500 and RSLinx. but my question is, which order I have to follow to install all of them?? Im doing it in a VMWorkstation with WinXP

Thanks a lot for your helping! =)

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: New with RSLogix. Does anybody know about RSLogix soft installation??
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 09:42:45 PM »
Is it SoftLogix5 or SoftLogix5800?

dmroeder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Archie, I don't think he was talking about Softlogix, he just didn't spell out "software".  So I think he was saying "what order to install the software"

deivid, since you are new to Logix, one important thing you should know is that in order to connect to a PLC, you must have the software major revision that matches the controller firmware major revision.   You can install multiple revisions on the same machine.  So for example if you need to program a PLC that has firmware V17 and one that is v19, you must install RSLogix5000 V17 and V19.  The only weird caveat with minor revisions can be explained here

Now another odd thing you will find is that they renamed RSLogix5000 to Studio5000 starting at V21.  You can install Studio5000 along side RSLogix5000 like I described above.

So as to your original question, I'd start with the oldest revision first and the newest version last.  There is a point in the newer versions that will install Linx for you.  Then just install Logix500 last. 

Mentioning Studio5000 may not be necessary since it won't run on XP, but at least you know!