Author Topic: Managing a transfer to a new PC?  (Read 917 times)

sirius0

• View Profile
Managing a transfer to a new PC?
« on: January 03, 2017, 11:09:43 PM »
My development PC fell over. I copied the whole folders for several projects to a memory stick; installed MSVisual Studio community edition and Advanced HMI. For some reason I cannot see the .vb pages? I get the design view but not the code.
Have I messed up the path perhaps?
Thank you.
Regards Chris

sirius0

• View Profile
Re: Managing a transfer to a new PC?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:42:35 AM »
Hmm. Well the files with their text are there but studio only displays an empty view with the background colour.
Visual studio does display them if I directly double click the .vb file but it does not display them when I call them up from solution explorer in the project.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:45:47 AM by sirius0 »

kay_gsr13

• View Profile
Re: Managing a transfer to a new PC?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 09:26:57 AM »
Hmm. Well the files with their text are there but studio only displays an empty view with the background colour.
Visual studio does display them if I directly double click the .vb file but it does not display them when I call them up from solution explorer in the project.

I would ensure that all of your .NET Frameworks are installed on your new PC and test again. If it still don't work then I would just create a new project from the latest AdvancedHMI version and import or "add from exiting items."

K