Author Topic: Problem With PLCaddressclick  (Read 1899 times)

MrOverCast

• View Profile
Problem With PLCaddressclick
« on: June 09, 2024, 08:27:54 PM »
Hey guys

A little new to this forum, glad to be here.

Anyways I downloaded AdvancedHMI and I was recently messing with it with my Mitsubishi FX3U PLC, I am using Modbus RTU two wire. The problem im having is I cannot find the correct PLC address for what I am trying to do. for example If I put 0013 into PLCaddressClick of the basicbutton it toggles Y3 in the PLC, Then I if I change it to something like 0012 It latched some random relay Like M62 In the PLC. My point is it seems like its just writing to some random memory in the PLC. Does anybody know how I can find what address goes to what device in the PLC instead of guessing? Im completely lost here and not even people in the automation industry can help me.  :-\

Also im using GX developer 8 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 10:57:28 PM by MrOverCast »

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Problem With PLCaddressclick
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 04:19:35 AM »
https://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc_fx/jy997d26201/jy997d26201g.pdf

Starting on page 95 I think is what you need.

AdvancedHMI uses Modicon style addresses which you commonly see the Modbus 40000 series for accessing registers. A lot of documents use the function code and offset. This makes it challenging because it is not a direct correlation. For example, the 4xxxx series of addresses use function code 3 to read and 6 or 16 to write. Then Modicon addressing uses a 1 offset while function codes use 0.

If I read the manual correctly, using an address of 40001 in AdvancedHMI will access register D0

013057 should access Y0  (First digit of 0 is function code 1 - read coils, 13057= 0x3300 +1)

Hopefully this will get your started.

MrOverCast

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 12:57:07 AM »
After days of fiddling I was finally able to make this program come to life, Thanks I really appreciate it, I was stuck scratching my head for months. Also its a bit weird because if im using something like M25 sometimes I have to put 000024 or 000025 to get it to work. It also sucks because I have more questions about some of the tools in this program and I would have to make a ton of new topics to get the answered. Like for example the keyboardimput tool. If there is a way to set a max value that can be inputted.

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2024, 02:18:01 AM »
The KeyboardInput does not have Min and Max because it was originally designed to take input from a keyboard wedge barcode scanner and send it to the PLC.

The pop up keyboard built into controls such as the BasicLabel does have Min and Max constraints using the KeypadMinValue and KeypadMaxValue properties