Author Topic: Click plc modbus rtu connection  (Read 5066 times)

Bob 1

• View Profile
Click plc modbus rtu connection
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:34:42 PM »
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and new to modbus in general. I've been keeping up on the updates for advanced hmi and I still can't seem to get anything to work! Can someone that has a click or understands the setup help me because I have no idea. I know that you use the address picker, find the bit and when you go to advanced what plc address is it? I need like a general setup for the advanced hmi. This is for a home project not in the biggest hurry but I want to figure it out and its got me flustered.  By the way the Com port on my PC is 3. Thanks in advance!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Click plc modbus rtu connection
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:36:56 PM »
See this thread, there is some information on addressing used with the Click PLC.

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=413.msg1476;topicseen#msg1476

Bob 1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:13:24 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply!  The only problem is I can't read or write if I try to write is said make sure the baud rate is correct and it is then if I try the panel meter it says incorrect value returned I don't know what to do I keep trying but I'm probably missing something little. Btw is the port name the same as tje name in the modbusrtu properties?Thanks!

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 02:28:53 AM »
It sounds like AdvancedHMI cannot get use of the COM port. Is your programming software still opened and not letting AdvancedHMI get exclusive use of the serial port?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:42:39 PM by Archie »

Bob 1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 08:20:20 PM »
Yes it sure was thanks for helping me out! This program works flawlessly for what I'm doing. Thanks alot!

swera

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 02:33:04 PM »
Dropbox was banned at my work so I'll try to remember to do it this afternoon (and leave it there this time).  It really is pretty easy though, there is nothing fancy you have to do to talk to a CLX.  Just add the driver, assign it an IP address.  Add a digital panel meter to your form (or whatever control you want), put the PLC tag name in "PLCAddressValue" property and run it.
You can join us for best 200-120 practice test questions We offer up-to-dated  VMWARE latest resource Albany State University