Author Topic: Update existing project from 397e to 398t  (Read 1113 times)

thirdeye73

• View Profile
Update existing project from 397e to 398t
« on: August 13, 2015, 07:01:13 AM »
I have an existing project running version 397e, talking to a CompactLogix processor.  I am considering updating to the latest version, but have a couple of questions:

1)  I am using VC 2010 Pro for development.  Is the newest AHMI version compatible or would I have to get the latest VS Express?
2)  Can anyone provide a brief list of new features?  I saw a post about comm loss recovery, and that sounds like something my project could benefit from.
3)  My project is pretty big, lots of programmed subscribers and a large chunk of code to interface with a SQL database.  Is there an easy way to point my project to the 398t libraries, rather than importing my project code to the sample project?

Thanks,
Scott

Archie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AdvancedHMI
Re: Update existing project from 397e to 398t
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 10:28:39 AM »
The latest version of AdvancedHMI has been tested and works with Visual Studio 2015. I do recommend moving to VS2013 or VS2015 Community edition or higher.

If you download the latest version, extract, then look for the ReleaseNotes398.txt, you will see the list of major bug fixes and additions.

If your project is an added project to the solution (not the default AdvancedHMI project):

- Copy the project directory from your existing project into the AdvancedHMI solution (the same directory as AdvancedHMI.sln)
- Open AdvancedHMI in Visual Studio
- Right click the Solution 'AdvancedHMI' in Solution Explorer and select Add Existing Project
- Browse to the folder of your project and select the project file